Invalid file name message?!?!?

Hi,

I am trying to make a first backup of my system (windows 7) with the latest build of Comodo backup but at the step 3 when I choose the folder in wich I want to backup my system on my external drive I received the message “Invalid file name” for whatever file I choose???

What is the problem and how I resolved it?

Please help :-[

Thanks,
Atomas31

Hello atomas31

You must enter something in the box or you will get the error message. You can add anything you want to what is there and Backup will add the .cbu extension. Post back if you need more help.

John

Hi JJasper,

What box are you talking? I have enter something in every box possible and no can do when I click next on step 3, I receive the invalid file name message ???

Thanks,
Atomas31

Hi atomas31

In step 3 you will see at the bottom, a file name with the extension .cbu. In this box you must enter your own file name. The default name will give you “invalid file name”.

John

Hi John,

Thank you, it works! By the way, in the text box the extension .cbu appears only if we actually click on that box to enter text otherwise it doesn’t show…

Also, if I want to copy all my drive with MBR and Comodo time machine snapshots, I suppose I have to also backup free space or is it not necessary?

Thanks,
Atomas31

Hi atomas31

Check this quote from a Comodo staff member

source here.

Yes, you have to include it.
Make sure the “backup free space” in backup step 2 is checked.

Thanks.

That’s what I tought…