intruders

just adding: when file and printer sharing get reactivated, the LAN environment should also be taken into account, which means who has access to what in the LAN, not to mention that this can also happen in an internet peer to peer environment where software often requires changes in the TCP/IP settings, and software is also able to change the settings without the user’s consent: but CFP Def+ should prevent this, and most likely does.

Even though I agree with Leopard19 but lets get some facts on the table:

People who are offering to help the others are users like anyone else. They are not the CIA or FBI or the Ultimate Security Experts that we expect them to ask the right questions 100% of the time in every word they write!

I really can’t believe the fuss created with a user wanting to help another user by starting to ask a simple question! Is it the right question to start with, you bet! Is it the only question, of course not! We should be grateful that this user was kind enough to offer his time to start helping some other in need!

So honestly lets see it what it is, a user helping another one, if other people believe they can help better, then why don’t they?

Melih

would be cool if rlong11s was getting a bit more involved in the thread he started…rlong11s (:WAV)

You’re at work, and you call one of your employees over to point out an error he made, and show him the correct way to do things…
An hour later, your boss comes over and corrects you about the same thing, right in front of your employee…
Now you feel like you are two feet tall.

What better way to rebuild your self-esteem than to go on the internet when you get home and correct someone else?

Ahh, yes.
The ability to be anonymous on the web has it benefits…
:THNK

LOL. I would have gotten there guys. My first question was simplistic because the OP’s style of writing lead me to believe that they did not have a high degree of technical expertise. My depth of my next question would have been based on their response.

Ewen :slight_smile: