Internet security vs proactive security

Hi. I’m wondering if there are any differences between Internet security and proactive security mode in v. 4.xx. Apparently I can’t see any: unlike v. 3.xx now both have the image execution control on and every D+ settings enabled by default.

Hi,

On Internet Security mode the Image Execution Control is disabled. The Computer Monitor/Disk/Keyboard/DNS Client access/Window Messages are not monitored. Only commonly infected files/folders are protected against infection and commonly exploited COM interfaces are protected.

Ovidiu

Internet Security also allows all outbound connections in the firewall.

that’s true ( all above ) before version 4.1 , now with internet security configuration all things in D+ are monitored and firewall will alert you for ( unknown ) outgoing requests

knk2006

In the help file form version 4.1 is specified:

[b]COMODO - Internet Security[/b] - This configuration is activated by default, when both Antivirus and Firewall components are installed, i.e. the complete installation. Firewall is always set to Safe mode. But according to the malware scanning results performed during the setup process, if no malware is found, Defense+ is set to Clean PC mode. Otherwise, the default is Safe mode. In this mode,
  • Image Execution Control is disabled.

• Computer Monitor/Disk/Keyboard/DNS Client access/Window Messages are NOT monitored.

• Only commonly infected files/folders are protected against infection.

• Only commonly exploited COM interfaces are protected.

• Defense+ is tuned to prevent infection of the system.

[b]COMODO - Proactive Security[/b] - This configuration turns CIS into the ultimate protection machine. All possible protections are activated and all critical COM interfaces and files are protected. During the setup, if only Comodo Firewall installation option is selected, the next screen allows users to select this configuration as default CIS configuration. If selected, Firewall is always set to Safe mode. But according to the malware scanning results performed during the setup process, if no malware is found, Defense+ is set to Clean PC mode. Otherwise, the default is Safe mode.

Is the Help file not updated?

;D afraid so

So there is no difference now…

Okay here my question.

How much difference between the v3.14..587 Proactive Security compare to the latest v4.1..920 Proactive Security, I mean are they the same security mode without sandboxes if you don’t mind me asking because I’m about to change over very soon.

And I love setting this to Proactive Security and speaking about this also when I install v4.1.******.920 in bring in my v3.14 settings which has the Proactive Security so that is my question.

v3.14..587 Proactive Security vs v4.1..920 Proactive Security

Ta.

Bump :-[ :-\ no answer.

I am using 4.1. with default setting and everything are monitored. So there is something wrong in help file. Please someone from Comodo Team can answer us ?? :-\

Yes.

The Help file needs to be updated… Ive alerted the developers. In any case in the default Internet Security, everything is now monitored since ver 4.0 - and since ver 4.1 outbound connections are now asked again.

Hand on a minute how about answering my question please. ???