Internet Explorer and Opera problem

I have Comodo Firewall on my computer and recently I when the Security Level is set to custom, it won’t let Internet Explorer or Opera access the Internet.

Welcome to the forum, Yami (how goes your deck set :D).

It’s a problem with your rules. Remove any blocked application rules for IE or Opera, especially when if they’re svchost.exe. This is an important Windows process. Afterwards, restart your browsers.

How do I change my “rules”. If you are talking about the Security tab and then the “Applications” tab, then I already have them allowed and they still don’t work! Right now I’m leaving my computer with no protection by putting the Computer Security Level at Allow all… ???

Can you please upload screenshots of your Application and Network rules? Also, if possible a sample of your log.

Right-click in your Logs window and export to HTML. Edit out any private IP’s with a text editor like Notepad. To upload files click on the Additional Options… when posting in this forum - it’s at the bottom left corner.

All of the things that you asked for a attached in a Word Document.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks, Yami.

Your Network rules are the defaults, so they’re fine.

You’re Application rules should be fixed a bit. For one, all 3 of your browsers should never need incoming connections, so delete them please. If you don’t run a proxy server, go to Security > Advanced > Miscellaneous > Configure > and enable the second option Skip TPC loopback. Most importantly: delete any blocked rules on Svchost.exe in your Application Monitor if you have any. I couldn’t see if you had any because your first picture didn’t show the bottom.

Finally, restart each of your browsers. If you are asked to allow outgoing connections TPC/UDP then allow them for firefox, IE, Opera, etc.

If that restarting them doesn’t work then try rebooting the PC. If that still doesn’t work, you might need to perform a re-installation with other security software disabled to avoid potential conflicts.

Your first log entry shows it was blocked:
Reporter :Application Monitor
Description: Application Access Denied (Opera.exe:x.x.x.19: :http(80))
Application: C:\Program Files\Opera\Opera.exe
Parent: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
Protocol: TCP Out

Here’s another one that shows svchost.exe being blocked:
Reporter :Application Monitor
Description: Application Access Denied (svchost.exe: : :2869)
Application: C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
Parent: C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
Protocol: TCP Out