Internet Connection Sharing problem

Glad it’s working for you :).

Sorry to be the bad-news bearer, but your net mon rules as it stands is essentially the same as having the ‘Allow All’ setting enabled (meaning no firewall). That’s rule # 2. We asked you to create that one yesterday to track down the connections in your log for the required rules. As you can see, it is the exact opposite of the last block IP In/Out rule (essentially, everything). We’ll wait for the others to help you on what it should be as I’m not familiar with networked-systems.

Ahh, I knew it was too good to be true!

I think that it is working because of the disabled Do protocol analysis. At least 7-8 members resolved their problems with this, and maybe the reboot have helped.

Vabantha delete the rule #2 (the third from the top) and you will be OK. Please do some tests and report back the results.

Well, I have deleted that rule and all is well. I’m not sure what helped. I had rebooted about 20 times since disabling protocol analysis to no avail. Like I said, I’m not going to complain… Thanks again to all.

You are welcome :■■■■

Sometimes kicking the computer multiple times (figuratively speaking, of course) has an “impact” on it. It eventually comes around to the right way of thinking, and does what it’s been told… ;D

LM

So…

If i want to share a internet connection with another computer…I have to basically disable the firewall?

Still no work around?

metomeya,

There’s no reason for you to have to disable the firewall; the scenarios where there are ICS difficulties are the oddity, not the norm.

The norm is that you go to Security/Tasks/Create a Zone. Set the IP range to include any computers on the network that will be using ICS.

Then go to Security/Tasks/Define a New Trusted Network. Select the Zone you just created.

This creates two rules at the top of Network Monitor (positions ID 0 & 1). The first allows IP Out from Any to Zone; the second Allows IP In from Zone to Any.

This will be done on all computers on the network that are using CFP. This allows all necessary communication traffic to pass unimpeded between these computers.

In some cases, there are other issues with user machines that may require the creation of certain rules specific to DHCP lease renewal, or disabling Protocol Analysis may be necessary. While the second does reduce security, it does not disable the firewall. In any event, these are the exception, not the norm.

Hope that helps,

LM

LM
I would never kick my PC however I have found throwing them out the window makes them go faster.
2 notes

1. The higher the better
  2. This is one time time fix
    (:TNG) ;D

OD