Intelinet Smart Security

Intelinet Smart Security, anybody tried this yet?
http://www.intelinet-global.com/
If so commentary…

Regards
Xman (:KWL)

Just another thing to sucker in newbies ;D 2.4 mb download for a Security Suite :slight_smile: Cool. Number 1 Spyware removal and Registry cleaner ! Right :smiley:

Hi Commodus, far be it from being a newbie myself, I stumbled upon this at work on download.com & installed just to check it out briefly, doesn’t look half bad at all, I might trial it at home now that I’m on my weekend officially, try it out also? ;D

Regards

Hi Xman :■■■■
It’s a removal thingy. The stuff you use after you get infected ;D And anyway, I woudn’t even play with removal. Format C: Complete ! ;D
As for a registry cleaner - there are better ones available. Use CCleaner at least.

They have a nicely made website though.

Guess we’ll stick with CIS till it shines then (B)
:THNK
Regards

You’re right buddy. CIS all the way (B) (V)

Never heard of…

Intelinet … ???

Josh

Never heard of...
Strangely +1... What's this for nonsence ?

Xan

I paid for their 7-day trial 5 days ago and haven’t been given a license key to use it. I’ve emailed their “24/7” customer support line four times now and haven’t gotten any response other than an auto-generated “thank you, we’ll get back with you.” I’ve reported them to the BBB and am changing my credit card number.

The two cited reviews (by Greg Miles for New System Technology and by John Whitter for Consumer Reviews) don’t include any links. Those two publications don’t exist as far as Google knows. The second of these phantom reviews is again cited and this time linked in this other webpage. But when you click on the link you aren’t directed to any review, but redirected to a different URL with another website that offers another differently called set of security products, more of the same. Both websites have close IPs:

FISHY indeed! :o Am I wrong?

If you want my advice do NOT install any of this nor otherwise contact or trade with them. I’ll wait till tomorrow, but unless someone shows me I’m being paranoid, I’ll then report both sites and any associated ones I find as scam through Opera and IE.

but the site says it’s got 5 star award 88)

If you want my advice do NOT install any of this nor otherwise contact or trade with them. I’ll wait till tomorrow, but unless someone shows me I’m being paranoid, I’ll then report both sites and any associated ones I find as scam through Opera and IE.

Thank you! I am definitely a newbie in every way when it comes to the internet. I’m glad someone who knows what they’re doing is “on it.” So, is there any legitimate way to do what Intelinet promised to do?

Bottom line: Don’t install and don’t nothing from vendors you and no one else knows nothing about. Just because it comes out on Download.com or anything else, doesn’t necessarily mean that it is safe.

I’ve always been curious to know if Download.com and Softpedia.com, as well as others, really check all those products to be safe or not. I mean, we’re talking about so many applications. Also, for them to store the applications on their servers, vendores/people developing software are paying for it, right? Do they care about people’s security or about their own profits? I honestly have no idea.

It is just like FDM (Free Download Manager), which is a great download manager and more recently became open sourced. So far so good, but guy/girl/people who develop it, also store on their servers other software from other people and many aren’t that safe. It is a way for FDM folks to earn some money and keep the product free. But just because FDM is safe, that doesn’t necessarily means that all other software placed at their own servers are. They just want money, for the project and themselves, I guess.

A free security suite/solution? Well there’s Comodo’s of course, and none other that’s complete and for free, that I know of. That’s currently, because Microsoft is going to offer one. Of course you can build your own solution from a few separate free products. Comodo also has a registry cleaner in the works, and there are several other free alternatives.