Integration with antivirus

When downloading a file, CIS automatically checks it to protect from viruses and malicious software that could otherwise attack your computer.

So your asking for Dragon to check the database if the file is malicious even if you don’t have a AV Software installed? (Not bad idea)

Look up the checksum to the Blacklist and see if it’s there and if so then warn the user :slight_smile:

dragon should use the cloud av so it doesnt have to have the huge local database.

Thats what i was refering to

it should also make whatever av the user has on their computer if any scan the file like firefox but also use comodo’s cloud av as well for extra protection. 2 opinions are better than 1. or maybe once DACS gets bugs worked out it could work with cd somehow or just let CIS users benefit from DACS and make CIS scan downloads with DACS

it should also make whatever av the user has on their computer if any scan the file like firefox

The AV Should already do this automatically.

yes but dragon doesn’t let you know it’s being scanned. firefox does which is useful because if you download something with firefox and don’t see it saying scanning for viruses then you know something is up with your av

With CIS being an on-access scanner, there is no need to scan something after it has been downloaded. It will be scanned when the file is accessed.

The Wish is for those who don’t have a AV such as myself; simple Checksum look up on the blacklist :slight_smile:

I see more than one post (including the thread starter) talking about integrating with an existing AV, not instead of an AV.

another way to integrate with CIS and improve security:

CIS should only allow dragon.exe access to browser-privacy-files (e.g. cookies,password file,…). So password-recovery.exe files (or password-stealer.exe) will never have any access to such things.