Installing sandbox bug?

Okay I use a VM that I load several different browsers onto. One of those browsers is SRWare Iron version 39.0.2100.0.

Now i’ll use the VM for a couple of months then i’ll delete it and make a fresh one.

I always install the same stuff on it, of which comodo is one and the above mentioned browser.

I have never had a problem before, the last time I did it everything was fine but just now when I did it I couldn’t install the browser.

I installed comodo and updated it, everything else installed fine but that browser would get the green sandbox rectangle around the windows UAC window and then around the SRW setup window even after I click to give it full access.

No worries so I close comodo and try again… no go still sandboxed… thought maybe it was a visual bug but no there is no folder on the drive for it. I tried rebooting and no luck.

I thought maybe comodo running on the host was somehow causing it so I closed it there as well but it still sandboxed the installation with comodo closed on both the host and the VM.

The only way I was able to install SRW Iron was to uninstall comodo from the VM and it installed fine.

It’s the same file i’ve been installing for months and never had a problem, had comodo installed every time and never had a problem, it’s only after doing it after this last comodo update that I couldn’t install it without it sandboxing it.

I also don’t get why it was getting sandboxed after I had closed comodo.

Sounds like auto-sandboxing to me due to the browser being unrecognized, unless you’ve created a rule in CIS to auto-sandbox the app.

Ensure the app isn’t configured to run in the sandbox. When it isn’t and it does, check to see if its unrecognized. If it is, then make it trusted that should stop auto-sandboxing. Or you could turn off sandboxing completely and not worry if its recognized or not. But that would probably be bad.

What perplexes me is you say it was working until the last update. I’m wondering if there’s something pertaining to CPU emulation in the VM, i.e., I’m understanding they compiled SSE2 intrinsics into the latest version.