installing release version

I have the beta (2.3.2.21) installed and running. Is there any real need to replace it with the release version which I believe is currently 2.3.6.81? Will it solve the problem of the firwall occasionally going inactive in the middle of a session?

If so, what is the best way to make the switch? Will it install over the beta or do I have to uninstall the beta first? Can the settings from the beta be saved and applied to the new version? Any other tips much appreciated.

Thx.

I would recommend upgrading to 2.3.6.81. It contains all the bug fixes and enhancements, it exceptionally stable, and, on my system at least, has never disconnected on me.

I would recommend backing up your current config (see below), uninstalling the beta version, rebooting and then installing the release version. Once installed, you can simply restore the settings by double clicking on the .REG file that the backup creates.

Another forum member (rotty) has written a script to backup your rules and settings. This script can be found at

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,2366.msg18544.html#msg18544

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Thanks. I’ll try it.

It seems to have worked. The only problem so far is that I was unable to merge the registry settings backup back into the registry. The system would not allow it. The error message said: “Not possible to import all the possible to import …cpfrules.reg. Not all the data was successfully written to the registry. Several keys are open by the system or by other processes.”

Do have any suggestions? Can it be done in safe mode?
Thx

DOH! You hit the nail on the head.

I should have said when restoring the settings, boot into safe mode as some keys are locked. Thisis the safest method. you can also turn off “Protect own registry keys…” which is under SECURITY - ADVANCED - MISCELLANEOUS. But safe mode is better.

Mea culpa,
Ewen :slight_smile: