Installing Download accelerator plus (DAP) makes sandboxed chrome unusable [v6]

A. THE BUG/ISSUE
[ol]- Summary - Installing Download accelerator plus (DAP) makes sandboxed chrome unusable .

• Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?: Yes. Everytime.
  • If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:Install Comodo CIS 6. Install Google Chrome. Sandboxed chrome works. Install DAP. Sandboxed chrome now has a greyed out window. cannot access any site including chrome settings. see screenshot attached.
    Chrome was sandboxed by clicking on the chrome icon in the widget.
  • If not obvious, what U expected to happen: Expected chrome to work like sandboxed dragon
  • If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?: yes
  • Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version: Download acceleratoe v6, google chrome v27.0.1
  • Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:Tried uninstalling DAP. Uninstalled and reinstalled chrome. Did not help. Have not tried reinstalling CIS (too much hassle)
  • Always attach - Diagnostics file, Watch Activity process list, dump if freeze/crash. (If complex - CIS logs & config, screenshots, video, zipped program - not m’ware)
    [/ol]

B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)
[ol]- Exact CIS version & configuration:6.1.276867.2813, default config

• Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:all defaults
  • Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):no
  • Have U updated (without uninstall) from a CIS 5?:CIS6 installed on a fresh copy of win7
    [li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:NA
    [/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS:no
    [li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:NA
    [/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:Windows 7 64bit
  • Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: a=none b=none
    [/ol]

[attachment deleted by admin]

I tried uninstalling DAP completely…cleared registry with clceaner…every other browser works perfectly in sandbox except chrome…i treid uninstalling and reinstalling chrome seval times as well…every time with reboots in between

No reply from mods/admin? Have I posted this in the wrong section? Is there something i can do to fix this?

Did Chrome used to work fine in the sandbox before DAP was added?

worked perfectly before…recreated this problem with another machine…once dap is installed the sandboxed chrome stops working…

Thank you very much for your issue report.

We would very much appreciate it if you would be kind enough to edit your report to put it in the standard format and add any additional information requested, as this will make it much easier for the developers to diagnose and fix the problem.

The reasons we need all the information in the format, though they may not seem directly relevant to the issue are explained here.

If you are able to do this we will forward this post to the format verified board, where it is more likely to get looked at by developers. You can find assistance using red links in the format and here. If you need further help please ask a mod. If you do not add the information after a day or two we will forward this post to the non-format board. If this happens we will tell you how to rectify this if you wish to.

In the current process we will normally leave it up to you whether you want to make a report in standard format or not. However we may remind you if we think a bug of particular importance.

Many thanks again

Mouse

PM reminder sent

done to the best f my ability

Thank you very much for your bug report in standard format. We very much appreciate the effort you have made to document this bug.

We are sorry to trouble you further but there are some items of information missing or unclear in your post:

A.3 exactly how you sandboxed it
A.8 Your Watch Activity Process list
A.8 Your CIS diagnostics report
B.7 the answer to both parts a and b

The reasons we need these items of information, though they may not seem directly relevant to the issue are explained here.

We would be very grateful if you would add these items of information so we can forward this post to the format verified board, where it is more likely to get fixed. You can find assistance using red links in the Format and here. If you need further help please ask a mod. If you do not add the information after a week we will forward this post to the non-format board. If this happens we will tell you how to rectify this if you wish to.

In the current process we will normally leave it up to you whether you want to make a report which includes all necessary information or not. We may remind you if we think a bug of particular importance.

Many thanks again

Mouse

A3: by clicking on the chrome icon in the widget. It opens inthe sandboxed mode with the green border right?

A8 and 9: I dont seem to know how to do this. Pardon my noobiness, could you give me a link explaining how to do this?

B7: I said none. I havent insatlled any other security suite/software

No problem, the diagnostics can be run by clicking on the question mark in the upper-right hand corner of the GUI. Then go to support and then diagnostics. Running the diagnostics will give you the option to save the diagnostics report. Just attach that diagnostics report to your first post.

The Activity List can be found by opening KillSwitch. This can be found by going to the Advanced Tasks part of the tasks window. Then click on “Watch Activity”. Once it is installed, and open, click on KillSwitch and there will be an option to Save Current View. Save this as an excel file and attach it to your first post. That’s probably the easiest way to do that.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and be sure to let us know when you have finished this.

Thanks.

PM sent.

Okay, for the time being I will move this bug report into the Non Format Issue Reports section. As soon as you are able to attach the diagnostics report and the process list I can move it back. Once you have attached these please be sure to send me a PM to alert me to the changes you have made.

Thank you.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (version 6.2.282872.2847)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments, so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you. PM sent.

I just confirmed this on my system. A full bug report is given below.

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
[ol]- Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic subject, NOT here.

• Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
    Yes, I can reproduce this every time.
  • If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
    Download and install Google Chrome from this page. Then, download and install Download Accelerator Plus (DAP) from this page. Then restart the computer. Note that both of these are installed on the normal computer and not in the sandbox.

Then, click on the icon for Google Chrome on the widget. This will open up a FV sandboxed version of Google Chrome. However, the window is entirely grey, and regardless of which site you tell it to navigate to the screen is always grey and nothing changes.

• If not obvious, what U expected to happen:
    Google Chrome should be able to open pages normally, even with DAP installed.
  • If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?:
    I don’t think that applies to this as it’s an obvious bug of some sort.
  • Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
    Google Chrome and Download Accelerator Plus. This has apparently occurred across multiple versions.
  • Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:
    This may be a conflict between download accelerator plus perhaps running on the actual computer and Google Chrome being sandboxed. I’m not really sure.
  • Always attach - Diagnostics file, Watch Activity process list, dump if freeze/crash. (If complex - CIS logs & config, screenshots, video, zipped program - not m’ware)
    I have attached the diagnostics and KillSwitch Process dump. Both of these were taken while the sandboxed Google Chrome was showing the grey screen. I have also attached a screenshot of the grey screen.
    [/ol]

B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)
[ol]- Exact CIS version & configuration:
CIS version 6.2.282872.2847
Default IS Configuration

• Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
  • Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
    No, it is default settings.
  • Have U updated (without uninstall) from a CIS 5?:
    No, this was a clean install.
    [li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
    NA
    [/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
    No
    [li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:
    NA
    [/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
    Windows 7 x64 (fully updated), UAC disabled, Real System, run as administrator.
  • Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: a)
    None b) none
    [/ol]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Did you try adding both to the exclusions of Behaviour Blocker and Shellcode Injections? Does disabling of the Behaviour Blocker and rebooting make a difference?

Thanks for the advice. I had uninstalled both programs, so I reinstalled them. Since then I have been unable to reproduce the problem.

However, the first time I had installed DAP one of the temp files was sandboxed. I thought it installed correctly and didn’t think about it. However, the second time I disabled the BB while installing.

Therefore, I believe the problem comes from DAP not being installed correctly. Thus, I will move this report to resolved.

If anyone else can reproduce this issue, by making sure that DAP installed correctly, please send me a PM and I’ll move it back.