Installing COMODO on Windows XP SP3

I have tried to install V3 on Windows XP Professional with SP3, the processor is an Intel. Every time I try, and I have downloaded the software twice I get the message “error2 Unable to locate the file”. There is nothing to say which file it cant locate just that it is rolling back the installation.

From what I have read, COMODO firewall is very good but there again only if you can install it.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can overcome this problem and install the firewall? >:(

Hi & welcome.

Are you sure you’ve downloaded the correct version for your system? For Windows XP (and Vista as well) you can chose from 32-bit or 64-bit.

LA

Yes my machine is 32 bit and that was what I downloaded

So at least the installation progress begins? Can you describe the progress before the error message appears and the installation rolls back?

LA

Yes, the installation appears to get right to the end. All the files look as if they are unpacked then the message appears right at the point where the progress bar is at 100% complete

OK, then we’ve clarified what happens.

I’m afraid I can’t help you further, this error is unknown to me. Let’s hope for someone else to recognize it.

LA

I’d try downloading CFP again.

Edit: saw where you did twice. Are your other security programs disabled?

Try shutting down your anti virus first then installing Comodo.