Installing Comodo After Outpost

I recently installed the latest version of Agnitum’s Outpost Firewall Pro and didn’t really like it, plus I learned it no longer passes the leak test.

I closed it and uninstalled it, restarted, ran a few registry cleaners, and tried installing Comodo, but the Comodo installer says that I still have Outpost installed. I’ve tried all of Outpost’s guides for doing a clean uninstall and Comodo still thinks it’s installed.

Which is why I’m posting this here … has anyone else run into this problem and is there a solution? If Outpost has been uninstalled is it safe to ignore Comodo’s warning and install anyway? I’m running XP SP2 x64.

Please help!

hi
RegSeeker search for agnitum clean search for outpost clean
http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

now search for folders agnitum ,delete them ,search for folder outpost delete

it should be great!

or use my clean

[attachment deleted by admin]

I’ve already run Ccleaner, jv16 Powertools, and TweakNow RegCleaner … does RegSeeker do something different that these others don’t do?

All of the Outpost and Agnitum folders were already deleted, so I tried running your script and it still didn’t work. Attached is a screenshot of the installation message I get.

Any other ideas?

[attachment deleted by admin]

I got Regseeker, a very nice program actually, thank you for recommending it. I searched for “Agnitum” and “Outpost” and removed all the entries except for a couple that clearly weren’t related to the firewall (a few Crysis entries).

However, I still get the same notice upon installation of Comodo, it still thinks that Outpost is installed.

Any other suggestions?

Does this tutorial help you: NameBright - Coming Soon ?

Already tried it, but thanks for the suggestion…

Should I just install anyway? What could be left of Outpost??

Does Outpost still show up in the security center?

well comodo looks this key to detect outpost → these keys
kk1=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro_is1
k2=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall
k3=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID{33C9E362-3EDA-4930-8AFE-5DA39A8BB77A}
run regkey and delete manually

well i use xp , RegSeeker search & delete keys that the other programs miss ,it the best program
but i don’t know if it works 100% under vista

Mantra, you rock! Key 3 was the one left behind. I just deleted the key, hopefully that wasn’t attached to some file that’s still floating around. I don’t know why RegSeeker didn’t pickup this key when I ran the search.

How were you able to figure out which keys Comodo checks for?

Thanks for everyone’s help!