Installed v3 Now PC Will Not Start Up ??!!??

Hi,

I was told abut v3 being released, to which all the guys behind it I applaud you (:CLP) been waiting for this for my Vista PC.

However… I downloaded it… I installed it… Followed the on screen instructions and restarted my PC as told to… … … .

Now my PC will not start unless I start up in Safe Mode. I get the Win Vista screen briefly flash, then nothing but a black screen and white mouse arrow.

Any Ideas or Help ??

what other software is set to run on start-up on that pc?

Hello –

Similar situation with me. Installed v3, first with D+ activated. First post-install boot ok, but as I start looking around, changing nothing, I get notice that an update is available. The update help page pops up, and KEEPS popping up no matter how many times I close it. After several minutes struggling with that, I finally get to download the update, it installs apparently ok, and asks for a reboot. However, the reboot can’t complete; the system freezes as it’s loading startup programs. Only a reset gets out of the freeze. I then boot into safe mode and uninstall CFP3. Reboot and reinstall, this time with D+ DE-activated. Same thing: Notice of update, an update help screen that won’t stop popping up, finally get to update screen in CFP; the update downloads and installs. Computer freezes on reboot. Uninstall from safe mode and do it all over again.

After 4 iterations of this foolishness, I decide to go back to CFP2.4, which works flawlessly, and wait for fixes.

Here’s the system summary:
Win XP Home SP2 with the following startup programs:
Comodo BOClean 4.25
Spyware Terminator
Avast AV (free edition)
Process Lasso (monitors processes and restrains cpu hogs [user defined])
CFP
Core Temp (cpu temperature monitoring utility).

Anyone got any insights??

The Redactor

Hi,

Finger crossed I’ve attached image correctly of all startup programs.

Also here is my PC spec in case it helps:

• Windows Vista Home Premium
  • Intel Core2 CPU 640 @ 2.13GHz
  • 2GB RAM

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]