Installed Launch Pad, but didn't want to.

Just installed new release so far so good. After install it asked to be updated, and I guessI wasn’t paying attention and now have two icons. One prompts the firewall which is good, but the other is the Launch Pad, that I thought was an option with this release. If so then I didn’t want to install it for now, and would like to remove it. I’m just not sure if I’m correct about the option not to install it with this version, or how to now after the fact if it was an option. I love this Firewall, and I hope this is clear enough for anyone to help me. Thanks

Hi,

You can’t uninstall LaunchPad, but if you right click the icon and choose options you can disable it from starting up.

Mike

Hi, and sorry for my english! :wink:

I want to uninstall LaunchPad (I upgrade to the latest version some minutes ago and now I have 2 icons on the system tray) …but you say that I can only disable it from starting up, right?

The problem is that I can’t disable it from starting up…help!

If I do a right click on the LaunchPad icon I can’t choose options…I can’t see a voice called “option”…so…How can I uninstall or disable LaunchPad icon?

Many many thanks for the answers and sorry again for my english!

(V)

Hi,

Your English is fine. Can you check the version of launchpad, by selecting ‘show comodo launchpad’>>then select ‘about’

Mike

Hi mike6688,

Have the same prob. as dax.

No option to disable launch pad.

Launch pad version is 1.0.0.4.

TIA

Wow thanks for the quick response. I feel silly as I did that no sooner than after asking this question. Still the quick and helpful response is one of the reasons I came back to Comodo with this release. It seems to be working with my Two User Account just fine, and the high resource usage with the last version seems to be gone. ( It eventually drops from around 20MB to 8 or 9MB after awhile) Which is also great news with this release. I do have one concern though. I noticed that after downloading it from the Comodo website, while installing it InstallShield was used. I hope if I would need to uninstall Comodo for any reason there won’t be the problems I read about in the past with Comodo using InstallShield. I do see Comodo Firewall listed in the Add/Remove Programs however, (it doesn’t show amount of space it uses there) so should I be concerned?

Ok, you need to update Launchpad to version 1.0.0.5 by right clicking it and selecting check for updates. Version 1.0.0.4 does not have this option.

Mike

Your welcome. The new version hasn’t been added to the Comodo site yet, which is why you got the update after and is why installshield was used. The new version is being uploaded now to the site and will be available in a few minutes.

Mike

Hi! (:WAV)

I update the LaunchPad to the latest version, reboot my PC and then… I can see the Light!!! …ehm… I can see “option” by right-click on the LaunchPad system tray icon. Then I can simply disable LaunchPad to starting at Windows startup!

Bye and many thanks!
(V)

That’s great and your welcome. :wink:

Mike

Thanks mike6688, but will Comodo uninstall okay now? I do have the new version as it is working on both user accounts, but should I uninstall it now to get the correct uninstall feature with the new version?

Yes, it is recommended to uninstall then install the new version for this. Also, there are some rules and settings that aren’t added with updating and need a reinstall.

Mike

Thanks for the quick response mike.

Downloading the updated launch pad right now

Thanks again.

lejal

Okay great then, and sorry to bother you with all this. I realize these are perhaps basic questions, and I appreciate your help. I’ll let you know how the new install went. Take care.

Your welcome, I was glad to help.

Mike

It was no bother, and letting us know how it goes will be great. Also, no questions basic if you don’t know the answer.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

So will the “NEXT” version of CPF eliminate Launch Pad altogether? It’s pretty obvious to me that more than a few people don’t want the Launch Pad feature and icon, just the Personal Firewall and it’s icon. I realize this release was concentrating on “more important” features…but I know that several people have voiced a desire for Comodo NOT to include the Launch Pad, and/or to make it “optional” during the installation process…

Hi,

It may, but it won’t yet as the other Comodo application (antivirus, backup, i-Vault) need to be updated to add their icon to the system tray first. So launchpad is still needed for those that have these programs.

Mike

Hey mike6688, everything went well, no troubles with full latest version so far. I just want add that you brought back a memory for me about asking questions. When I was in The Army in 1984, I was told that the only dumb question is the one you didn’t ask. Thanks for being so kind.

Hi,

You’re more than welcome. Glad everything went well ;). I’ve heard that saying as well, but it was in school not the army.

Happy computing, :slight_smile:
Mike