Installation fails, no config screen V3.0.12.268 x32[BUGREPORT]

Comodo version 3.0.12.268 on XP sp2

Installation starts fine, asks for directory, then starts to copy, next screen is Reboot yes/no (apparently you should see a configuration screen)

After reboot, no system tray icon, and upon starting via the desktop icon:

“Comodo firewall pro does not seem to be installed properly. Do you want to start diagnostics utility to fix the problem”

Upon pressing yes nothing happens .

Upon starting uninstall (menu & add remove)nothing happens.

Starting the programs from the comodo directory does not help, only cmdagent.exe runs for a while and then quits.

There are no traces in the service and device manager of a comodo service or device (also not under “show hidden devices”)

Uninstall by hand and killing any other programs (except Nod 32 's nod32krn.exe v2.7) does not help with the reinstall, the same problems occur.

No offence but:

1. CPU (32 bit or 64 bit) →

32bit (was in the title)

1. Operating System information (including Service Pack Version)

WinXP SP2 (was in first line)

1. Actively-running security and utility applications

NOD32 v2.7 (was in the last remark)

Confessed, not superclear, but still there.

And I did check the posts, but only found it in the “help for v3” forum (if it was elsewhere, sorry) since there were at least 2 with the symptoms it seemed a bug.

:slight_smile:

Sorry about that I only edited out the bottom part of that notice :stuck_out_tongue:
My real intention was to ask you to write the bit in your post to and to confirm you were using only NOD.

Had the exact same thing.

I fixed it by copying everything I could find in the working notebooks registry, editing those entries for the new installation (the Program FIles directory was different), and adding those exported reg files to the new install registry.

I did have to temporarly change the registry permissions for a few of the entries. and there were about 21 total different keys.

But it works now.

Thought you’d like to know.

(I have posted this elswhere also)