Installation Choices Poll.

I think there must be installation choices in CIS. I have read in many places that people tried and liked CIS. People who liked the complete suite are running it, but there are people who liked the bullet proof protection provided by the complete suite but didn’t find it comfortable and wished they could just have firewall and antivirus. I know D+ can be disabled easily and they can have FW and AV, but people just want pure FW and AV. So they are running FW from different vendor and AV from different vendor. Why not allow them to run Comodo Firewall & AV. In this way they will be Comodo Users, visit the forums for any query related to Comodo FW & AV, see what others are discussing, learn something from the forum, convinced, try other modules & softwares. Wot U Guyz say??

Your Vote & Comments Plzz.

Thanxx
Naren

I know there are many people who want to choose, but I do worry that new users may make the wrong choice and then blame Comodo when they get infected. Defense+ is a term they maybe fail to understand because they have been brought up to have an av and have heard of a firewall.

I am really in the all or nothing camp and not sure that it should be up to the user to choose anything else.

New users are still making the wrong choices of running other FW & AV and there’s a reason behind this. The products are in the market for many years and well known and therefore the users trust them. CIS is not well known and the users who gets to know about CIS tries it and most people uninstall it coz they dont understand how it works, as u said in your post they have been brought up to have an AV & FW. So give them FW & AV. In this way they will become Comodo Users, visit forums for any prob and will know comodo and its philosophy better and will definitely try the innovative comodo products.

I am an example of this. I am from India and came to know about Comodo from Newspaper. At that time Comodo Firewall 2 was featured in the techzone of the newspaper. I visited Comodo site and installed FW and AV 2 Beta. Liked the software and learned more about Comodo, Comodo products, joined the forums and now I am a regular visitor in the forums and love Comodo products and know how innovative Comodo products are.

Thanxx
Naren

When Microsoft launched MSE said they are not into any competition, they have introduced free antimalware to supplement windows firewall and provide users basic security instead of no security in their pc. I can say with V5 the addition of cloud scan in AV has increased the already good detection of CAV and Comodo FW and AV is the best basic security now. So why not allow the basic security users to use the best basic security. Just coz of additional D+ people are not using it. So offer custom installation atleast as per the module.

Custom Installation as per the module is a fair demand. 3 modules in CIS- FW, AV, D+, so 3 installation choices.

Thanxx
Naren

I will lock the poll when RC 2 is released.

naren you should see this topic
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/i-can-kill-cmdagentexe-t60869.0.html
to see a good reason to not disable Defense+.

Defense+ is the strongest part of CIS, even more now with the cloud.

I very well know the power of D+. Its just that why a forced D+ with firewall only or antivirus only installation. If users want D+ they can any time add it with add/remove components.

Thanxx
Naren

D+ is the security, removing it will allow malware to totally corrupt your system. If you don’t wish D+, why have security at all?

The user (some of them) wants the firewall and the antivirus, without HIPS (Defense+).

I am not against D+. I know its a very powerful and the best HIPS. And I know with just FW and AV the security is not enough but nothing wrong for asking custom installation. May be user may like to use CFW & AV with other BB, etc. It will be good if they dont get D+ if they only want FW & AV from comodo. The people who only use FW & AV, it will also be good for them coz currently there is no vendor offering free FW & AV both of this quality in a suite. Coz FW & AV from different vendors can anytime have incompatibilities, conflict issues with any update or upgrade, etc.

Thanxx
Naren

I do understand and see what you are asking.
I just can’t fathom some one desiring to have partial or limited security with big security holes left open on their system.

HIPS technology is not the most friendly at all…
After some time the popups annoy, user starts to allow everything…
Automatically sandboxing requires the user to close/rerun the application out of the sandbox…
You know, some users just want the company decides for him what is infected or dangerous.

You know, some users just want the company decides for him what is infected or dangerous.

Ty, Tech.

Atleast you understood my point of view. And regarding security partial or limited, i can just say that users should only choose the security type which they understand and not which they know is bullet proof but dont understand. And FW & AV though basic is the easiest among various security setup.

Thanxx
Naren

Yes but surely it takes an expert to decide to risk drive by infection. The whole point of added features in CIS is to secure the user without asking all the time what to allow.

Options are for experts as a custom install, not regular users.

Indeed.
The lack of knowledge should be let to company to decide, i.e., the antivirus/cloud detection or sandbox/submit files.

Here the custom install is simple. It should be like

Comodo FW

Comodo AV

Comodo D+ (With little info about D+)

Thanxx
Naren

P.S. Off topic but plzz Tech and James you guyzz are experts here. can u give me info on my post titled A Question here in the beta thread. I am not that expert. I just thought about it and posted to know if its possible.

No expert here, just learning and trying to keep the brain cells going 88)

You may get the information from the help pages, but I doubt it:
http://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-155-1143-Defense+-Settings.html

Actually I cannot install RC on my production machine. So asked here. May be guyz who are running RC can try it and see if its possible. Help pages are of no help in this.

Thanxx
Naren

RC 2 is Coming Soon & the Poll will be locked. So Keep Voting Guyz.

Each Vote is Precious. Your Vote can get our fair demand fulfilled from comodo.

Thanxx for Your Precious Time & Vote.
Naren

This monday either RC 2 or Final & the poll will be locked so keep voting.

Thanxx
Naren