Install Problems CIS 3.12.111745.560 Win XP

Hi. I have been recommending and putting CIS on people’s computers for a couple of years now, and I have never had an install problem before this. I have a Dell Dimension 4700 PIV Win XP Home SP3 512MB RAM which I just finished cleaning (viruses). I have confirmed with MBAM, SAS, GMER, NIS, & then F-Secure online scan and Windows OneCare online scan - this 'puter is squeaky clean. But everytime I try to install CIS, it goes through the installation, says successfully installed and I need to reboot. So I try to reboot and it gets to the XP splashscreen and never gets any further. So I boot to last known good configuration, find the Comodo desktop icon, click on it, and it says run diagnostic - so I do, and it gives me an option to “fix”. I fix, then it tells me I need to reboot. When I reboot, it goes to the XP splashscreen forever and never boots up. BAck to last know good configuration and uninstall CIS…

I have tried this several times. I have run Ccleaner, NIS Removal Tool. I close the other security programs on the computer when I do the install (MBAM, SAS and Spyware Doctor). The only thing I can think of is maybe the online scanners’ activx controls that are still on the system are affecting the install? I can’t think of anything else. I would really appreciate some help! Thanks.

UPDATE: So I installed V 3.0 successfully, and when I try to update, I get an error “Error 113: Update could not be completed. Seems Internet connection lost halfway during update download. Please check your Internet connection and retry.” Of course, I have not lost the internet connection - no idea why this will not update!

have you tried the newest version?

YES! The first install I had the problems with was the latest version. Attempted 3 times with the latest version! It was not until I tried the v3.0 that I could get an install, but then it wouldn’t update.

try uninstalling version 3.0 using revo uninstaller. When uninstalling select the moderate mode. making sure to delete all registry and left over files revo finds (after verifying them). here is a guide to using revo. Home - Tech Support Team (don’t use advanced, use moderate) and here is when you can download the latest revo version Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download