Install over 3.14 or Uninstall/reinstall? [Resolved]

Just found out about the newest version. Few questions:

1. Can I just install the new on top of the old w/no problems?
  2. Is it going to retain ALL my current settings if I can install over the old?
  3. If you have to uninstall 3.14 first, then install 4.0, does this mean you lose ALL current settings?
  4. If we wait until being notified through the “update” feature that its available, will settings be retained?

Looking forward to some answers. :slight_smile:

1. Can I just install the new on top of the old w/no problems?
Yes, uninstall the old version then the new version
2. Is it going to retain ALL my current settings if I can install over the old?
No
3. If you have to uninstall 3.14 first, then install 4.0, does this mean you lose ALL current settings?
yes
4. If we wait until being notified through the "update" feature that its available, will settings be retained?
Not Sure, but I know if you start from scratch there WILL be LESS pop-ups

Thank you for the answers, but based on them will wait a while before trying v4.0.

You can back up your settings before you upgrade. I would advise this whether you’re reinstalling or merely updating via the internal mechanism. It would be annoying to lose all of the settings.

Well, just gave it a go and failed. Made image of my laptop, XP Home, SP3, uninstalled through Add/Remove, ran the bat file, then ran the installer. After dl completed, it hung up, then received the error “12002”. Tried twice w/same result so I just restored my image and am back running true. Guess I wait until a little time has been put on this to perfect it. I hate it when a fault is caused by s/w!

Did you try the off-line installer?

John, thank you so much for that link! Dl’d the file, uninstalled old version through add/remove, clicked on the offline installer and BAM, went in as slick as snot on a doorknob!
As I recall on the initial installation of ver 3, this asks the same questions as before, about giving you a choice of installing fw or av or both. Got it up and running and discovered that the Sandbox is installed in the DISABLED mode and that is where it is going to stay! :slight_smile: Had to give permission on initial boot w/startup items, but for now, don’t even know its there. Again, THANK YOU for the link! ;D

I’ll mark this topic as Resolved and lock it. if you require it unlocked, please pm any Mod or Admin.