inspect.sys takes too much cpu; how to disable pfw temporarily [Resolved]

Hello,
my “system” process takes around 20% of cpu when using p2p clients; after a closer look, the cpu is used by inspect.sys.
I disabled the firewall but that does not change anything. Is there a way to stop inspect.sys from checking the network pakets (if the driver is for this) and just bypassing them, not using that much cpu?

Thank you

XP SP3
Comodo 3.0.25.378

AFAIK it is not possible but I guess you could try to disable all the checkboxes in Firewall Tasks > Advanced >Attack Detection Settings.

Are you using a pateched TCP/IP driver that remove the limit on half-opened connections?
What are your CPU specs?

Did yo check if uninstalling CFP the system CPU load decrease when there is the same traffic load?

no did not help

Are you using a pateched TCP/IP driver that remove the limit on half-opened connections? What are your CPU specs?

I did with sp2, but I think sp3 installed a new tcpip.sys because the event monitor shows that there are sometimes too many connections; so no.

Did yo check if uninstalling CFP the system CPU load decrease when there is the same traffic load?

no, because I saw in processexplorer that the pfw driver causes the cpu load.

After disabling all the advanced attack detection settings, did you reboot already? Just seeing if that makes any difference.

Can you post a screenshot of system thread properties and of processexplorer Interrupts and DPCs?

It may be a compatibility issue here the impact on system is negligible.
Do you have any other security or utility software?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ok, I just rebooted and everything now works as intended.
The problems began, when I installed SP3 a few days ago I think. But I don’t know whether the problem is now gone because of the reboot or perhaps because of the tcpip.sys patch, for more than 10 opening connections, I applied before the reboot.

SP3 overwrote the old tcpip.sys so you got an official and unpatced tcpip.sys

heh sometimes the simplest solution is the correct one (:WIN)

rocked and rolled

resolved and closed

if it returns and need unlock, PM gibran ;D