Inspect.sys crashing my computer! Please help!

I keep getting a BSOD on my PC it is caused by 'inspect.sys and the crash has destroyed several downloads overnight.

I am using the latest official release of Comodo – not the alpha.

My PC is:

CPU 3.8 Intel core duo
2GB RAM
GPU nvidia GFX 6600GT
WinXP Pro

Thank you for any help.

Anyone? Any advice on this? Please?

Hi Alex Janes. Welcome to the forum.

Now I know you’re not Jack Bauer, but that doesn’t mean “jack” to me :D. This commonly means a driver conflict with CFP and another program.

BSODs Please add your minidump files here - for more info.

My brother’s pc had this problem as he also downloads a ton on uTorrent overnight. Ever since I disabled his Component Monitor, he never experienced the inspect.sys BSOD. Coincidence? Maybe.

Thanks so much for responding Soya! (:NRD)

I saw that answer about disabling ‘Component Manager’ doing a google but I tried that for two days and it didn’t help.

The thing I’ve noticed in common is utorrent. I love Comodo, so I will not use utorrent anymore until there’s a fix. (:KWL)

Appreciate you’re getting back to me!

Alex

I forgot to include: I also disabled logging on his CFP. Right-click in the Log window and uncheck all them and set the logs.log file (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Comodo\Personal Firewall\Logs) to read-only. This may only be relevant if you suspect uTorrent is the trigger.

Thanks mate! I’ll give that a try. I am still trying to setup so that I can save a minidump but so far it doesn’t work – I’m so stupid about this stuff! (:SHY)

The link I posted above shows how to set up the minidump. There are lots of ways to reach Pandlouk’s screenshots on the settings, such as through Control Panel or if you right-click on My Computer icon to access the System Properties.