Initial update of comodo antivirus is sick

I installed comodo Internet Security a few days ago

I takes so much time to update the antivirus :-TD

When I NOW checked the active connection list under comodo firewall, cmdagent.exe has already downloaded 82.0 MB (bytes in)

HOW BIG IS THE INITIAL UPDATE?

Edit by EricJH: changed the all caps title to something that doesn’t “shout”

105 MB is the size of the initial update.

I unistalled Comodo Antivirus and I am using Avira

BYE BYE

try to make the initial updates small

Its currently happening, its shrinking by the hour, started the last few days.

Take it you don’t have much patience :-TD :o 88)

Found this thread via google because I was concerned with the size of this update myself…

While I am patient, I am wondering if there is resume functionality in the updater? For such an update, if I were to have 60mb downloaded and for some reason lose my connection, will it resume from where it left off when I reconnect and restart the updater?

Not sure if this is the right place to post such a question; if it’s not, feel free to direct me to the proper place.
Thanks in advance!

No it wont resume… it has to start again.

You can try a download manager to download this file: (note this is for version 3.13 only)
http://download.comodo.com/av/updates313/sigs/bases/BASE_END_USER_v3257.cav

Many thanks for that link! :smiley:

If I may ask, how did you find that link? My first thought on this issue was to search the site for a manual database update file, but I was unable to find it. ???

Also, I know this is the AV help area, but I’m guessing the lack of resume also applies to the firewall updater? If so, it would be helpful if there were a way to manually download and install that update as well. :o

Again, many thanks! :slight_smile:

More instruction on how to implement the downloaded av database in Where can i download the latest full AV database?.