Inconsistent Version Information in Windows 7´s Uninstall or Change a Program

Hello,
Yesterday I updated from CIS Premium 7.0.55655.4142 to 8.0.0.4344 when Comodo offered the update. I conducted it as a normal update, without uninstalling the previous version.
It ran fine, except for one detail: Althoug the Comodo > About shows program version to be 8.0.0.4344, Wundows Uninstall/Change interface shows CIS version as 7.0.55655.4142.
Any idea/hint to fix this inconsistency?

Thanks,

Jose Pinho

I am afraid it has been like that for quite some time, only way to change it is uninstall and install the latest version.

Screenshot for my VM after update to CIS V8.

Dennis

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks for the really quick reply, Dennis.

I was hopeful that the uninstall / install latest version approach could be replaced by renaming one of Comodo´s installed files / folders or modifying Comodo´s registry entries.
Hope this can be solved in an upcoming update.

Jose Pinho

Please use the required format.

It seems removing and reinstalling version 8 is the way to solve the inconsistency. Done. Case closed.

HI Jose

This is indeed a old problem, but not yet logged by us as a bug for some reason. Reinstall does resolve, but it should not happen.

Would you be kind enough to submit a bug report in standard format as requested by Qmarius?

If so we would be most grateful.

Meanwhile as this request was made some time ago, I will move to incomplete reports for the moment. We will move back if you submit the bug report.

Kind regards

Mike