Incoming and outgoing traffic - HELP

Hello,

I’ve been using Comodo Firewall for quite some time now, but today I just couldn’t figure it out on how to allow incoming and outgoing traffic(tcp) with a server using FTP.

The problem is that I can’t login to a server using the FTP protocol. The FTP is using the port/active mode, so it’s a bit different then pasive mode. When I try to connect to it, it passes the login part but then it just stops and idle’s until the timeout error is called.

The server tech told me that its a firewall problem.
They also told me to do this: 76.9.30.26 <-> your computer (tcp), arrows mean the incoming and outgoing traffic. This rule allows every tcp protocol based traffic between me and the server.

Would somebody please be so kind and tell me how exactly do I add this rule to my firewall, so that I will be able to login to my server?

Thank you,
Luka

You can create a global rule. Open the GUI, Firewall > Advanced > Network Security Policy > Global Rules.
Add you new rule. The GUI is self explanatory. For FTP you may want to restrict to the necessary ports only, usually port 21.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Thanks for your replay.

I did what you told me, but I’m still unable to login to the ftp account.
Here are the screen’s of the global rule I created:

Also here is the screen from the ftp client:

As you can see, the login part is done correctly, but when its time to list the directories it just stops until the timeout error is called.

I talked to the tech guys and they dont have any other solutions for me. They insist that I should double check everything.

They say "you only have to do this to make it done, they say and it should work:
76.9.30.26 ↔ your computer (tcp)

arrows mean the incoming and outgoing traffic
this rule allows every tcp protocol based traffic between you and our server"

I’m out if ideas and I would appreciate any help from anyone.

Thank you,
Luka

bump

sorry I had hotlinking protection enabled…

BUMP