In TVL Add Option To Show Whether Software Sgnd By Vendors Are Installed [M1025]

1. What actually happened or you saw:
The “trusted vendors” list is quite lengthy and somewhat uninformative / featureless. It is not possible to even tell whether any products signed by vendors in the list are even installed on the user’s computer.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
It would be very helpful if the user was able to see something like solid green dots (meaning: a product signed by that company is currently installed on the computer) and empty dots (meaning: there is not a product signed by that company currently installed on the computer). There are certainly many ways to show this, but something like that would be very helpful and easy to read.

3. Why you think it is desirable:
One way this could be useful is that it would then be very easily for a user to identify any unwanted companies from Comodo’s “trusted vendors” list that are not currently being used at all (i. e. no drivers, files, etc… are currently on the computer signed by that company). This is important because there might be quite a lot of companies in the “trusted vendors” list some users might, for one reason or the other, not wholly trust and therefore rather would decide to remove from their customized “trusted vendors list”. I won’t mention any real life examples here, but just mention that there are some companies out there who are offering some very useful products on the “mainstream side” of their product line, but that at the same time they may be working with shady governmental “surveillance” programs and the like. Some may even be used by oppressive regimes for purposes other than that which they were originally created for.

4. Any other information:
If one seeks to create “trust” they should, at least in my opinion, give the user some kind of an easy to understand tool which provides control over ALL things installed on their machine. A change, such as this one, shouldn’t be too difficult to implement, and yet would go a long way towards providing increased control over what is trusted on your computer.

This is an interesting wish. I have edited the title, and the first post, to try to make the wish a bit more streamlined.

Please look it over and let me know what you think.

Thanks.

MorphOS REBOL, do my edits seem okay?

Yes, they do, Chiron.
Thanks a lot, mate. :-TU

Cheers, REBOL. :slight_smile:

Thanks. I have added a poll as well. If that looks okay to you then I will move this to the Waiting Area for voting.

Thanks again, Chiron.

And yes, that poll’s exactly 'bout what I have in mind.

Kind regards, REBOL. :slight_smile:

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As this wish has accumulated the necessary 15 points I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.

Interesting idea, I like it. Maybe this green dots can be appear after reputation scan :wink:
Good advice, I love it :-TU

Thanks MorphOS REBOL…

Many thanks for your approval and reassurance, Chiron and yigido. :-TU
Also a big thank you to all other supporters of this wish.
I sincerely hope this is going to be implemented in the near future.

Kind regards, REBOL. :slight_smile: