improper display

Hello people.
I have been using IceDragon on a pair of lap tops for the last 8-9 months with no problems.
I bought a used desk top last week that was wiped and has a fresh install of Win 7.I thought I would add ID to it.Now I am having problems with what I call vertical stringing and image display.example–I do a lot of craigslist surfing.The ads display in a vertical manner and images do not display.When I click on an image icon I get an ad for webhosting.This only happens in ID ,Internet Exploder works fine.(oddly enough)The comp has an ATI x300/550/1050 card in it that has updated drivers.

any ideas?Should I uninstall and reinstall ID?

Thanks in advance

Hello & welcome urrlord,

Problems like this can be difficult to solve. Listed below are some things you can try that might help. You can reset each item that doesn’t help.

1. Disable hardware acceleration in Tools > Options > Advanced > General. Restart IceDragon. If the problem did not go away, you can re-enable hardware acceleration and go to step 2.

2. Type about:config in the address bar and press Enter. Click the button promising to be careful. Search for gfx.content.azure.enabled.
    Double-click gfx.content.azure.enabled to toggle its value from true to false. Default is true. You should restart IceDragon to make sure this change takes effect and see if your problem goes away. You should also do a restart for each of the items below.

3. Search for webgl.disabled in about:config. Doubleclick on webgl.disabled to toggle it to true.

4. Disable Direct2D by searching for gfx.direct2d.disabled in about:config and toggling it to true.

5. As a last resort, disable all add-ons and see if the problem goes away. You can also try switching to the default theme if you’re not already using it.

gs22

Thanks GS22.
I tried your remedies in order…
#1 was not an option
#2-fixed the problem

yippeeee!

You’re welcome, urrlord. Glad I was able to help. Thanks for reporting what worked for you.

gs22