Import bookmarks from other browser

In case of trying another chrome-type browser, and I put in a couple of bookmarks separately, I might want to import the bookmarks in Comodo Dragon to the new browser. Most or all of the C D bookmarks may be different from the ones indepenently saved to the new browser. If I import the bookmarks from CD to the new browser, will the already existing ones in the new browser remain undisturbed? Would I receive the union of the two sets of bookmarks?

Hi string_game,
Importing bookmarks will not disturb existing bookmarks (Unless your new browser has an unlikely unusual bug), it will add the imported bookmarks including duplicates.

I always periodically back-up my bookmarks to a .html file for safety.

I recently got a new computer and downloaded Comodo; I am using HD from the old computer in a USB external and want to copy and add the old bookmarks to this new computer and Comodo, but the file names are ambiguous. Which file & any particulars on adding them… thanks.

Hi and welcome vvurdsmyth,
Copy the Bookmarks file from your old HDD location for Dragon is \Users\Username\AppData\Local\Comodo\Dragon\User Data\Default to the same location on your new HDD and allow ‘Copy and Replace’.

ThanQ CAPTAIN, but… the Comodo on the new HDD… hmm… doesn’t have a “User Data” folder; folders listed are: EXTENSIONS, LOCALES, certsentry_setup, D3DCompiler_43.dll, etc…

CAPTAIN… another thought… any way the Comodo on the old HDD can be booted? Which is what I hoped would happen… instead it boots the new Comodo on the new computer… perhaps… something like uninstalling the new Comodo… would the ‘old’ one boot? I could then copy the bookmarks, re-install Comodo on the new computer and paste in the old bookmarks… would that work?

Hi vvurdsmyth,
The folder on your new HDD could be hidden, depending on your folder view settings.

I presume you found your ‘User Data’ on the old HDD.

1. Copy the Bookmarks file from your old HDD.
  2. Open Windows start menu and copy/paste the following line into the search box without the quotes and enter.
    “%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Comodo\Dragon\User Data\default”
  3. If all goes to plan Dragons default user profile should now be open.
  4. Paste the previously copied Bookmarks file replacing the existing.
  5. Re-open Dragon.

Hope this works for you.