Image signature verification failed

I just downloaded cav_installer_x64.exe and tried to install. I get a popup that says “Image signature verification failed. Installer will close.” I downloaded again and got the same result. What gives?

W7 Ultimate x64.

Where did you download this from? (Please describe the location, or post a URL with obvious characters inserted (eg UPPER CASE) so it is not clickable on),

Please be cautious until checked out.

Best wishes

Mouse

Yesterday I went through Best Internet Security Software 2022 | Antivirus Total Security. Today the “Free download” button leads to “Download Antivirus for Mac | Free Antivirus Software for Mac” and downloads the paid product, cispremium. This is different from yesterday.

I just now went through the d/l page for the free firewall-only product:
Download Antivirus for Mac | Free Antivirus Software for Mac, and downloaded cfw_installer_x64.exe. When I run it, I get the same message, “Image signature verification failed”.

Any ideas?

CIS premium is free. It seems someone has not updated some download links.

I’d download from the link posted here instead.

Best wishes

Mouse

I downloaded cfw_installer_x64 from Firewall Download | Best Firewall Security software for Windows. Same checksum, same error message.

Just downloaded same file (cfw x64 same url) myself. Signature OK.

Best wishes

Mouse

I tried downloading with IE instead of FF and got the same result.

Can you post the CRC or MD5 for cfw_installer_x64.exe? I have a CRC of 50F2E324.

Hi kaborka,

Are you using the installer placed on one drive to install on another drive?
I believe this could maybe cause the image verification problem, during install.

Bad

; 60306376 04:20.13 2010-06-12 cfw_installer_x64.exe
cfw_installer_x64.exe 50F2E324

[attachment deleted by admin]

That was it, thanks. I moved the installer to C and it worked. This is definitely a bug!

You’re welcome.

Or possibly a security feature of some sort.

I’m not qualified to say for sure.

Bad

I ran the installer from E drive.