I'm confused about my purchase!

Hello everyone,
I just went to buy a new AV for my pc and found comodo to offer their comodo internet security pro for a really good price so i purchased it.
But why do i see the annoying upgrade button on the main screen right after i activated?
And the funny thing is when i click the upgrade it takes me right back to what i just purchased!

Is makes me wonder if the product really has been tested?
Also its quiet annoying to see the days in the main window but thats a minor issue.

I tried the live support button and after 20min no one answering i gave up. And that is after i see this “You are now chatting with Esther.”

As a new user i feel very disappointed.

The price was great but maybe this is the reason. Hope for improvement. I already use another AV for my main pc but wanted to try something new and so far i’m not impressed.

RegardsReza

[@]reza666 Welcome to the club “DISAPPOINTED” people
take care of yourself, no one else does!
Concluding after reading : https[://www.]AV-TEST | Antivirus & Security Software & AntiMalware Reviews

Regards, Biteater

Hi Reza,

You can manually disable the Upgrade button in the settings but it might be worth you have the license activated in CIS as well.

Also, from memory, I think you need to do a full scan and enable HIPS to Safe mode to activate the guarantee but it’s been awhile since I’ve used the paid version and that may have changed.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Cheers,

Eric

@Eric Cryptid
Thanks for the tips. I found how i can disable the button but my point is i have already activated the product (which is why i see the subscription left dasy).
I have also performed a full scan and activated Warranty.

I believe then that the “upgrade” button not disappearing even after the activation is a bug. Is that what it is?

@biteater
I checked the link and it looks decent. Anything in particular you referring too?

Biteater is frustrated with a problem but has been consistently refusing the help offered and is on a crosspost spree to further his frustration.

Probably a bug but to be clear, what installer did you use to install CIS with? I think the CIS pro installer is different from the CIS premium installer, the upgrade button probably doesn’t show up if you install with the installer that requires you to enter your license key during install.

CIS PRO or CIS COMPLETE not supported chat in others language, for exemple, português… (this makes communication between the user and the technician difficult);

sorry for the inconvenience

@futuretech
I used the link in the Order Confirmation email i got. The file i downloaded was:
cispro_installer_138430005_b1.exe

I dont think the it required the license key during installation.
Where do you download the “other” version from ? i cant find the full version anywhere.
I would have guessed it would show when i log into https://cam.comodo.com/
But there i can only see my license is valid and not much more.

And to be honest the homepage is a big big mess. There are 2 products for personal
-Internet Security Pro (Yellow Package)
-Internet Security Complete (Red package)

What is the difference? I dont find a page showing the difference between the two or i’m blind.

And the funny part is when i select the Internet Security Complete (Red package) the next page actually shows a Blue package and
no matter which one i click to buy i get to the same page to buy the Internet Security Pro (Yellow Package) .
(See the attachments)

@liosant
What is “Other” language? i speak english
And they did not even say hello or anything! Even if the language is not supported they should say something in english which is sort of global standard. I tried 2 times and each time someone was coming into the chat and said nothing. Its just bad support. Why have the button unless it can be used.

Follow instructions here to activate your subscription:

There’s a couple of ways you can do it.

Eric

Sorry, I didn’t mean to offend. Just made a note about support not having so many languages (this can hurt business);

sorry again intrude into the conversation … The icons on the site are different so we can better identify or distinguish the versions (like traffic lights, headlamp and brake light …) :-TU

I have already activated exactly like that (wrote it in my first post :wink: )
But still my questions remain:

And to be honest the homepage is a big big mess. There are 2 products for personal
-Internet Security Pro (Yellow Package)
-Internet Security Complete (Red package)

What is the difference? I dont find a page showing the difference between the two or i’m blind.

And the funny part is when i select the Internet Security Complete (Red package) the next page actually shows a Blue package and
no matter which one i click to buy i get to the same page to buy the Internet Security Pro (Yellow Package) .
(See the attachments)

And where do you download the version where you can input your code during installation? If i want to download a new version later where do i go? I can only find the free version on the site. Is that what you all are using to install and register with?

Sorry i just need to understand all of these.

@liosant
No problem, i was not offended, was just wondering what you meant. Since the the support did not say anything even when i pasted in my support key. Felt pretty lame that you see someone come into the chat and dont say a word after 20 min even when i ask several time for some reply.

This page shows the differences and other info . . . . Comodo Internet Security Pro | Complete Internet Protection Suite

And how do you get to that page exactly?

As a new user i go to the main page https://www.comodo.com
I select “For home”–>“Antivirus Software” and it takes me to → Download Free Antivirus Software | Get Complete PC Virus Protection
And if i select fullversion+ buy button it goes to the pay page for Comodo Internet Security Pro (Yellow package)!
If i click on the “Compare Free vs Full Version” it goes down the page and instead compared the free version to the Internet Security Complete (Red package). And if i then click the buy button the next page shows the Comodo Internet Security Pro (Yellow package)!. As said the whole webpage is a big mess. IT is inconsistent as it can be.
I would fire the testers. I’m in IT dev myself so these sort of thing get to me. And Comodo has been around for a long time so these mistakes dont give me confidence about the product. I mean if they cant even make a proper homepage that is consistent how well is the product tested…
Not a rant but i share my view as a new user visiting the page after a few years. I hope Comodo really take this seriously and clean up their page.

That is a question, most of us would like answered! The web site is being worked on and hopefully will eventually become more coherent

…and has nothing, and certainly nothing, to do with protection. I have a very good software but there homepage … 88) and yet I keep the software because it’s so good.

Cant say i feel confident now.
Last night just before i was going to bed i hear my pc starting to sound allot more then usual.
Looking at the CPU it was running at 70-75% and what do you know its Comodo.
I checked and there was no scan or anything. Waited for 5 min and still going strong.

I decided to close the program. Still it was having some processes that were running at 70%. Could not even kill them
so the only way was to shutdown the pc. Was lucky i notice it before going to bed or it would have continued most likely the whole night.
I gave it over 10min all and all.
Not sure even what it was doing.
Its a new PC and i have nothing on it except 2-3 programs like Brave browser and Macrium Reflect.

It could be a scan running. We need to know what process is running when it happens. That can be seen under the Details tab of Task Manager. The processes tab is not informative enough.

If the process is cavwp.exe then it may have been the AV doing a scan. When cavwp.exe active open Tasks (CIS main interface → Advanced Tasks) and see if there is an active process.

Thats why i have the process explorer.
Also there was nothing running. I checked.
And as mentioned even when closing the program it did not quit. Almost as if had hanged. Anyway i will be running linux on this pc i think.
I will perhaps install comodo on another pc later.