IIS 5 FTP server and Comodo Firewall 3.11

I can start my ftp server through IIS 5 just fine. However, if I want to connect to it from a remote computer, I can only use the command line ftp, and not some GUI ftp program like FileZilla.

Every time I attempt to transfer a file from my IIS ftp server using FileZilla, I get the ftp error code 421. I don’t understand what this error code is, but it’s preventing me from transferring the file.

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

What policy did you give the FileZilla program. Check under Firewall → Advanced → Network Security Policy → Applications. Make sure it is set to FTP client.

I just set it to Ftp client, and I changed the Defense+ Security Policy under Trusted Application and I still get the same ftp code, 421.

Ranos. Just wondering of the issue is firewall related or Filezilla related. Filezilla attempts to make multiple connections with the ftp server, where MS FTP uses a single connection. Check this forum.

http://www.110mb.com/forum/resolved-421-too-many-connections-1-from-this-ip-ftp-error-t2820.0.html

Hope it helps

Cheers

It did help! Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

… I think I know the problem on my end

I set my IIS FTP to max connections of 1, so this is probably why I have been getting that ftp error code. I’ll test that out.

Thanks again!