If I deactivate permanently defense+ ?

I apologize if my question can be silly, I was really satisfied with comodo firewall 2.4 and I appreciated most of the improvement made to version 3, but, to say the truth, when I was using the old version I didn’t feel the need of “something more than just a firewall”.
So my question is, if I deactivate permanently defense+ checking the option in the defense+ settings, will I lose something compared to the protection I had before with the 2.4 version ?

:), Zipe.

If you deactivate D+ entirely, v3 is thought by many to not be as robust a firewall as V2.4-I was never a 2.4 user, so can’t comment on it directly. In the latest versions, CFP3 has provided for a more capable firewall only without all of the HIPS features of D+ just by going to Miscellaneous/manage my configurations/select and choosing “Comodo-Network Security”, which is what we recommend for those who do not desire the full D+ capability but still want the best firewall Comodo offers.

Thank you, very kind.
Indeed that is my current setting.

:), Zipe.

I was really satisfied with comodo firewall 2.4 and I appreciated most of the improvement made to version 3
As I'm not a computer/software expert, I also liked 2.4 except for a couple of things 1)not being able to export your network settings easily, 2) not being password protected in the limited user (surfing mode) and 3) not having quality explanations on how to answer PUs. 3.0 has fixed these, although I wish the password access would have been only for a limited-user account. I have been playing around with 3.0 for a few weeks on another drive and find it quite intimidating, but I felt the same when I moved from ZA free to 2.4, and (in my non-expert opinion), 2.4 is a much better FW than ZA-free, and it's not even close. Now if 2.4 had the export/import, password protect, & the excellent help section/PU explanations of 3.0, I may not even think about looking for another SW-FW.
CFP3 has provided for a more capable firewall only without all of the HIPS features of D+ just by going to Miscellaneous/manage my configurations/select and choosing "Comodo-Network Security", which is what we recommend for those who do not desire the full D+ capability but still want the best firewall Comodo offers.
I asked a similar question on a thread over at Wilders after the ""new 3.0 with A/V-A/M scan was made available, and was answered by, if you only want to use the FW w/o D+, that you should uninstall 3.0, reinstall 3.0 and choose the the basic mode at installation which still has a limited D+ activated to prevent 3.0 from ""leaking. [left] sded--does your answer do the exact same thing as the uninstall/reinstall in the basic mode, without having to uninstall? thx. [/left]

Yes; the latest versions changed the way CFP installed so you can accomplish it a little differently. The developers say that it is all accomplished by configuration changes now in any case, not by different software.

Yes; t[b]he latest version[u]s[/u][/b] changed the way CFP installed so you can accomplish it a little differently. The developers say that it is all accomplished by configuration changes now in any case, not by different software.
sded--thx. What versions are considered the "latest versions" [b](s)[/b] where an uninstall/reinstall is not necessary ?