IE9 Does not Open Web Pages When Sandboxed

Hi

I am using CIS 6 v 6.0264710.2708 on Windows 7 64bit.

Put simply IE 9 will not open ANY web page when sandboxed from the Widget or using the virtual kiosk. Firefox and chrome perform perfectly in either sandboxed environment.

Also IE 9 works fine unsandboxed and works fine sandboxed with sandboxie.

Anybody any ideas if this is a bug or how to resolve?

Thanks

Terry

Try this. I reported this and it worked fine but i see what you are talking about.
open a sandboxed session of ie 9. then open a regular session of ie9 at the same time which should make the sandbox session work and come to life. I can replicate this on windows 8 x64 with ie 10 not 9…
I don’ thave ie9 on any pc.
Now it works every time i sand box it without opening the regular. hmmm…
now it works…kind of have to kick start it i guess.
Well I cannot reproduce the problem on my other Windows 8 pc. it works fine with ie 10 on the other pc.
hmmm…

Hi DrHaze

Thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestion no joy. The sandboxed version freezes up if you touch the page whilst it is attempting to load. Opening up an unsandboxed IE9 has no effect.

Anyone else any suggestions.

Thanks

Terry

Hi

In my previous posts concerning the problem of IE9 not loading web pages I was referring to the 32bit version of IE9.

By chance I have just tried the 64bit version of IE9 and lo and behold it works perfectly under virtual kiosk and just as a sandboxed browser.

WHY?

Any help greatly appreciated

Terry

Hi Everybody

I found the cause but what to do about it?

I am using Avast Home Free 7.0.1474. If I turn off the Avast Behaviour Shield, THEN IE9 ( sandboxed in CIS6) will load web pages.

Turn the Behaviour Shield back on IE9 (32bit) won’t load any web pages.

Why?

Terry

well the obviously Comodo behavior shield is conflicting with avast behavior shield. go to programs and features and change the avast install and remove the behavior shield. i use avast and i just uninstalled the behavior shield.
You obviously cannot Have a Comodo Behavior and Avast Behavior going at the same time.

Hi DrHaze

You are obviously very knowledgeable about these things, so I am leery of questioning your thoughts, but, why do both CIS6 and Avast work well with Firefox, Google Chrome and IE9 64bit and NOT IE( 32bit). Seems strange to me?

Terry

This was a know problem with Internet explorer and Avast with Comodo. I am waiting to hear from a a dev if they implemented the fix in cis6 6 2708. it doesn’t appear so as i cannot run internet explorer in the virtual kisok. but i can run it in the sand box!?

Well I took the Avast 8 Beta I had off and went back to 7. Fresh install and no behavior shield and disabled avast auto sandboxing as well now IE works fine in the sand box and in the virtual kiosk.So far i have had not a hitch.