A. THE BUG/ISSUE:Internet Explorer runs from the security widget but can never find a webpage
- What you did: Download and try to install CIS 2674 on two Different PC’s and the both do the same thing and are identical Windows 8 Pro/IE 10 x64 One Amd, One Intel.All Windows updates.
- What actually happened or you actually saw: www.yahoo.com in ie with spinning forever circle at top
- What you expected to happen or see:My Internet Explorer 10 Homepage www.yahoo.com to come up
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: Rebooted, Reset sandbox.Reset ie settings
- Details & exact version of any software (execpt CIS) involved:Avast!7 current as of today updates free home AV, Superantispyware with realtime protection(Purchased)update as of today all updates.
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so precise steps to make it happen: Just try internet explorer 10 win8 x64 bits and ie 10 with cis 2674
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): Clean installs of Cis 6 2674 on both PC’s.
B. FILES APPENDED. (Please zip unless screenshots).:
- A CIS config report or file: I have two config diagnostics attached one from amd and one from intel PC
Then intel diag log says schedule service part of cis 6 failed good for you to look at as well. and the amd says no errors on the diag. fila attached.
C. YOUR SETUP:
CIS version 2674, Proactive on,HIPS Enable Enhanced protection ON,FIREWALL block fragmented ip traffic checked,Enmable Anti-ARP Spoofing checked.
a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CIS:NO
a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:NO
Have you made any other major changes to the default config? Stealth Ports is On
Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels:SAFE,SAFE,SAFE, Comodo AV Not Used Just Firewall Prodouct And Comodo Dragon 188.8.131.52
OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Win 8 Pro , x64, UAC is off, admin account
Other security and utility software currently installed: Super Antispyware Registerversion & Avast! 7 AV Free all shields on
- I tried running IE 10 in kiosk and same thing. just hangs in kiosk as well on both pc’s amd and intel.
attached are killswitch .csv’s for amd and intel pc’s now which is for IE 10 not running from widget.Haven’t tried switch back to windows with a hanging kiosk and doing a killswitch log then.if this is needed I can try that too. also for some reason diag of intel is ok now after reboot. attached is second intel diag as well.
[attachment deleted by admin]