Ideas for CIS 6

Hey All :slight_smile:

I know it’s early but I want us users to give our ideas. I am sure we can help comodo to improve CIS.

Regards,
Valentin N

-parental control

1.Statistics display with info, viruses, hackers, d+ intrusion…
2.Expert mode and Easy mode…
3.Integration of online service for website checking
4.Dacs and Css integration
5. Linux version for Linux Mint :-TU
6.Tray icon colors: Green OK, Red bad and Blue Game mode
7.Reminder for game mode to turn off

1.Statistics display with info, viruses, hackers, d+ intrusion… i think it will be in 5.1
2.Expert mode and Easy mode…
3.Integration of online service for website checking the same(u meant site inspector?)
4.Dacs and Css integration same, but not sure about CCE(it would be great when CCE will be integrate to CIS installer, and clean system before install CIS - CIS is for preventing infections on clean PC >:-D)
5. Linux version for Linux Mint :-TU
6.Tray icon colors: Green OK, Red bad and Blue Game mode
7.Reminder for game mode to turn off

Yeah, site inspector, thanks!!! :slight_smile: :-TU

Two years in the waiting:

https://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cis/a-timer-or-warning-please-t35701.0.html;msg253926#msg253926

;D

coca
norton
cofee
nestle.

Risk-based Application/File/Registery Control
Heuristics-based analysis monitor + program behavior features
Rescue CD with backup and restore options
Safe Run + Snapshot + roll back features (Sandboxing with Proactive Cloud Monitoring (Like symantec reputation system)
Advanced system hardening (During CIS installation on infected platforms)

1.Repair system thru wizard after infection
2.Download windows system files for restoration purposes from Comodo server
3.Pre-Windows environment boot scanning/cleaning/restore, similar to avast

first I would like comodo to have to option during the installation: For average user and Advanced users

For average user
When the user chooses this option CIS will make more auto decision and give less opion to config CIS.

Advanced users
Everything should be as CIS is now and add wanted advance application .

I want this because many complain that CIS is to complex and I think this is a option to make it more user friendly.

I would like to see the AV sopport multi core cpu and that gives the advanced users to select the cpu usage (like max 50%) and for average uses low, medium and high. CIS should also be optimized for AMD and Intel processor.

This sounds maybe from someone that has no idea about computer but here is comes: I would like comodo to have the ability to use the gpu; of what I know of graphic cards are very very powerful sometimes even stronger than the complete motherboard.

Before comodo finishes the installation comodo should control what program you use like online’s armors auto learning.

OFF TOPIC:

Your idea is valuable and wanted!

Regards,
Valentin N

You would need a GPU capable of accepting instructions such as this.

A pre boot interface for unbootable operating systems. Something that will allow you to run a rescue disc of sorts to sort out disc errors that are preventing the OS from starting up and allow you to scan the PC without intervention from malware.

Add Ability For Threatcast to Inform User a File Is Probably Safe.

comodo’s instant malware scanner should also be integrated (for those who are new here and don’t know what it is then look here)

+1

Gpu acceleration is quite promising. The technology is here - nvidia's CUDA and ATI'S STREAM. But i guess they are suited for encoding. Not sure about how cis would utilise it.

Remove the hips and sandbox
Add behavioral blockers + hids.

If you don’t like HIPS and prefer BB, why not use ThreatFire?

I also dont use comodo. not a big issues.
I dont need a security suits for knowing if im secure or not.
but for sure, comodo hips is anyoing and hids will be better.

Oookay then…
IMO, I wouldn’t want Comodo to ditch HIPS.