Icon on bottom bar has ! symbel over the icon.

I received an update (versions) from Comodo and after the new version was installed I got the ! and a message that the application agent was not running… I have tired everything to incl. a reinstall of the newest version. Cannot find any icon code which would tell me why the ! is located over the icon…any ideas would be appreciate…

The ! is over the icon on the bottom left hand of the screen on the bar…

Is the icon still there after you did a clean installation? Can you show a screenshot of the icon with the ! ?

Yes did a complete uninstall and then went to the website and downloaded the newest version…the icon starts out as normal although it doesn’t show the incoming or outgoing data … it reports all as ok but the ! sign shows up on the icon by the bottom left hand bar and the message that the application agent is not running…thanks in advance…

[attachment deleted by admin]

Try running Diagnostics, that can be found under More, and see if it can fix it and let us know what it reports.

It reported that there were no problems with the installation. It also reports it has blocked 0 intrusions …everything is set to safe mode…it also reports being up to date…still reports application agent is not running…is this firewall working at this time … this up grade has me confused it it is even functioning…

Please open Task Manager (ctrl+alt+delete) and see if cmdagent.exe is running. You need to let Task Manager show processes of all users.

Do you have other security or network related software (think Net Limiter, Zenmap,etc…) running in the background? What happens if you disable the other security or network software?

There is not cmdagent.exe software running in task manager, but when i restart comodo it see in task manager. But after sometime it is not appear and problem again as describe by chinatwin

Is this a clean install or did you update from v4.1.

I did a clean install … revco’d’ the old firewall and loaded the new one from the company site…still came up with the ! over the icon… after several days … just decided to go with another firewall…Zone alarm…loaded and worked perfectly…no install problem at all…there was AVG and spybot SD resident running as well but had never been a problem before…I originally up dated but deleted and did a clean install…anyway thanks … but only so much time I can put into a product without knowing if it is working or what is the problem … without information as to what was wrong … and the Icon of ! without any guide or indication to what was wrong … was just out of my league…the more efficient is to choose another …

Do I understand correctly you used Zone Alarm before you installed CIS? Try running this official Zone Alarm uninstall tool just in case it didn’t get properly uninstalled.

Do you have Tea Timer running? What happens when you disable it?

On a side note. To see if cmdagent.exe is running Task Manager needs to be set to “show processes from all users”.

I loaded ZA after I got tired of trying to find the problem with Comodo…been using Comodo since I cant remember but with this icon showing up on the current upgrade, and the inability to access the information as to what was causing it…I just didnt have anymore time to put into it and was not sure I was being afforded protection so I just gave up and unloaded Comodo and loaded ZA and now al is working well…thing is it was working fine with Tea-timer operational until the upgrade…and yea my task manager was set to show all processes…

Let me know if you want to give CIS another try.

I was happy with Comodo and perhaps will try again when I have time…lots of time… thing is the ! over the icon should be a sign but as to what… when the program itself claims to be working and all is up to date…I would be happy to try the older version of the firewall before the latest upgrade…or if I could at least know what the ! symbol over the icon indicated…