Ice Dragon v.57 won't allow ANY vids on YouTube to play! :(

I upgraded recently, & afterwards every video I tried to play on YT wouldn’t play. ???:-TD >:( I upgraded my Adobe Flash & Shockwave too to no avail. I submitted a support ticket & that hasn’t garnered much help at all. 88)>:( I downgraded to version 40.0.2, until this fiasco is fixed! PLEASE tell me that I won’t have to wait till version 58+ is available for this to be fixed!? 88) >:(

-Eric

Do you get an error message? If so could you post a screenshot? What happens when you temporarily disable your add ons?

Hi, thanks for the reply. There was no msg. & no it wasn’t caused by any addons. I have never had any addons cause conflict w/video play anyway in any version of I.D.

Hi. I’ve just been playing some YouTube music videos using v. 57.0.4, 32-bit. I’m surprised they’re working so well, as I have Windows 7, 64-bit machine. The browser reset itself during the most recent update, which I’ve posted as a snafu. :wink: Things look a little odd at the moment, but everything seems to be working except the icons in the bookmarks menu. I’ll keep checking to see if anything else has gone haywire. :slight_smile:

Hi Sara,

So, it is fixed now then? So, did they apply a patch to the updated browser? Cause when I tried it after updating it, the vid would literally start for about a fraction of a second then freeze! & even rebooting clearing cache & updating Adobe products had no effect whatsoever on them playing.

[quote author=Saralee52 link=topic=121550.msg873385#msg873385 date=1519370466]
Hi. I’ve just been playing some YouTube music videos using v. 57.0.4, 32-bit. I’m surprised they’re working so well, as I have Windows 7, 64-bit machine. The browser reset itself during the most recent update, which I’ve posted as a snafu. :wink: Things look a little odd at the moment, but everything seems to be working except the icons in the bookmarks menu. I’ll keep checking to see if anything else has gone haywire. :slight_smile:

Hello again, EJC-74. As far as I can tell, the glitch is NOT fixed - but it seems to be affecting you & I differently. I AM able to watch videos with no problems, but my Ice Dragon browser is still showing as 32-bit, v. 57.0.4. There are many reasons why your videos are freezing, & I’m not tech-savvy enough to zero in on the best solution. We will just have to wait for the folks @ Mozilla to figure out why their update went so haywire. :frowning: I liked it better when Comodo was a separate company. These tech-company amalgamations seem to cause problems - likely due to competition for the existing jobs between the people who worked at Mozilla & those who were at Comodo before the buyout.

Saralee, Comodo is not part of Mozilla or vice versa. Comodo is a commercial company where Mozilla is a non profit organisation. Mozilla wouldn’t have the funds to acquire (parts of) Comodo.

Comodo uses the open source browser to make its own variation of it. There is no further connection than that. May be there are incidental contacts between developers of both parties when dealing with bugs.

At any rate, the prob, whatever the hell it was, seems to be fixed, FINALLY! I DL’d the updated version last night & so far, so good! :-TU :slight_smile: :smiley: ;D

I am happy it got fixed for you. Can you state the version number of your CID that the program reports?

The download link in the release topic still provides the same version with SHA1 49C52687B71560564C5175F0FD2387902263CFD2 as I had downloaded before. But the hash in the release topic is not the same as the version I downloaded. The properties information of the installer reports 57.0.4.44. May be they updated the installer not too long after its release. I will adapt the hash codes of the topic start of the release topic.

I have no ides what any of that even means, but it just says 57.0.4 when I click Help/About Ice Dragon. & under the Troubleshooting info page it shows this: Build ID: 20180208092808. No clue if that helps or not. ??? :-\

If you still have the installer that you or got downloaded last night could you check the version number in the properties?

I updated it w/in the prog. Sorry.

Np. If it is not too much of an effort could you check the Windows temp, c:\Users%username%\AppData\Local\Temp, folder? The installer might still be there. You may need to enable to show hidden files and folders to be able to access the folder.