I would like to uninstall or repair my CIS 8.2

I can only find info to uninstall previous versions than CIS 8.2 free

Besides that here’s my problem. I just installed CIS 8.2 free and allthough the desktop widget says safe (right b4 that it said danger - red - and after a few restarts and a long time it said issue - orange) there’s no button that does anything on that widget.

When I r-click the systray icon from Comodo I can not change anything and the settings line for the different antivirus-firewall-sandbox-HIPS-viruscope, when I click it nothing happens > I guess a window should appear.

Pse. help, this is urgent. Thanks

W7 enterprise-8GBRAM-i7

Hi GuyD,
You could uninstall through Windows Programs and Features.
You also have the options listed in the help link below.
Switch Between Complete CIS Suite and Individual Components (just AV or FW)-Comodo Help

Kind regards.

That option does not work in Windows 10, only see Comodo folder and the Comodo exe icon, no other options.

What I’m gonna say captainsticks is going to be very hard to swallow, but is is my personal experience AND seems to be a a custom behaviour for Comodo and it’s forum.

For some reason you left out an answer to the second part of my question

“Besides that here’s my problem. I just installed CIS 8.2 free and allthough the desktop widget says safe (right b4 that it said danger - red - and after a few restarts and a long time it said issue - orange) there’s no button that does anything on that widget.
When I r-click the systray icon from Comodo I can not change anything and the settings line for the different antivirus-firewall-sandbox-HIPS-viruscope, when I click it nothing happens > I guess a window should appear.”

Now if I recall, a long long time ago (around the time of my subscription) I once installed a previous version of CIS. At that time I had a problem of high CPU. It never got solved, allthough many other members had the same issue with CIS. So of course after a month or so I decided to remove CIS from my PC. However it left that much rubbish I could not install another security software program.
Now after 1/2 decade I thought Comodo could get another chance to prove what it’s worth.

I have the impression that free versions of Comodo in fact can’t get a proper support, not 5 years ago and not now. Please prove me I’m wrong.

Because personnaly b4 removing it I would like to see it working the way it should, after all it got the highest score a year or so ago at the matousec website.

Try a clean install of CIS Most Effective Way to Reinstall/Update CIS to Avoid/Fix Problems. An important step is to remove possible left over traces of previously installed programs.

Do you have other security programs installed that run in the background alongside CIS?

I hope you mean previous installed Comodo programs, otherwise it would be strange Comodo would interfere with, non completely removed other than Comodo, programs.

Yes, a few, but not automatically loaded at W7 startup. For example, Malwarebytes, Superantispyware.

It may incidentally happen when uninstalling a security program it leaves behind a driver or service. This could cause issues with performance, stability or security. Hence why running clean up tools for security programs used in the past is an important step. The technically advanced could opt for using Autouns tool in Safe Mode.

Yes, a few, but not automatically loaded at W7 startup. For example, Malwarebytes, Superantispyware.
You use them on demand? That's not a problem.

Can someone tell me how to completely uninstall all old versions of comodo? I’m sure comodo must have a clean up tool by now.

There is no official clean up tool but you can follow Most Effective Way to Reinstall/Update CIS to Avoid/Fix Problems for that purpose.

In the meantime I’ve managed to uninstall CIS completely. The default tool from Comodo itself is better than b4. Aside from a few error files captured by MS self I guess nothing was left. Anyway the uninstall went smoother with the default uninstall by Comodo itself than with the help of exterior uninstall tools that blocked while using them (f.e. Ashampoo Uninstaller that I used b4 instaling CIS). IObit Uninstaller v5.0.3 did a better job in removing leftover reg files. In a comparative test it is even better than Revo Pro.

The problem with CIS and the uninstall process is mainly, I guess, caused by the size and number of the reg files that need to be removed (yes, believe it or not some 9300 reg entries for the latest CIS version)

Did you have a lot of Active HIPS or Firewall rules? That would explain the big amount of registry entries.

My previous firewall Norton was completely removed with the special tool from Norton.

Now for installing CIS I start the install with activating my Ashampoo Uninstaller 5. This tool starts to monitor the installation (files and reg entries). In a window it shows the number of files and the reg entries that are added. If the installation of the software is finished (in this case CIS), I normally get a warning from the software maker that the software is installed completely. At that moment and only then, I click a button “stop” on the Ashampoo installer window. A system snapshot is made and a few seconds later all windows close, except perhaps an open window from the software I just installed.

I recall that the number of reg entries where above 9300 !!!

As a result I could not use my Ashampoo Uninstaller 5, since it blocked/halted.