I think I'm wasting my Time!

I’m just evaluating Comodo, and already I have found a few issues.

Firstly it doent appear to support UNC for specifying folders to back up, so I had to creat unnessary mapping. Now i find when i go back into the schedule and edit the backup, it has not saved my mapped network drive folder backup details at all, its only listing the physical mapped drives!@#$

Do I have to install Comodo on eack workstation and schedule separate backups for each workstation to a central backup locaiton rather and one scheduled event from the central server???

About the only thing I like about Comodo so far is it can backup an Outlook pst file while Outlook is still open…just about worth it for that alone!

Hi

Yes, this is a bug that will be fixed in the next release.

Comodo Backup is designed for home users.
An enterprise solution for CB is not available yet, so I guess you will have to schedule separate backups for each workstation.

Thanks.

Thanks for clarifying this.

I think you have a long way to go before this product will be a single backup solution on even a basic home pc.

Its lacking:
-on screen review of recent scheduled events (History tab should provide this but dosent)
-incremental backup option
-UNC support
-you have to view backup jobs via the schedule, with a small (PITA) scrolling screen. The schedule should be be a component of the job, not the other way around.

The only feature that makes it worth “hanging in there” for is its ability to backup Outlook PST files while Outlook is open.

Cheers

Grant