I need advices about Comodo 3.0 installation...

The reason why I didn’t install Comodo 3 is because my CPU and MBO were completely ■■■■■■■. Tomorow I will finally come back with this fixed.

So,I’m asking you how to go with installation with Comodo?

Within the installation process, there were option ˝Block all incoming connections˝- however Coolio10 said on Wilders Security forums that if you block all incoming connections this maight have problems with P2P connections like Kazza, Netscape and Java I think.

OK, let’s suppose you go on youtube and watch movies in full screen or normal, if I block all incoming connections in Comodo will I still be able to see/play movies?

And what about if I download these movies in Windows Media Player, should I block all incoming connections or not???

Thanks everybody!

The firewall is designed to block all UNSOLICITED incoming connections. The key here is unsolicited.

If you go to YouTube to watch a video, of course you’re going to be able to view because you got to You Tube in the first place, didn’t you? :wink:

When you request a video, YOU are starting the connection request chain. The data coming back is in response to a request that originated on your PC, which the firewall has recorded and will accordingly allow reply traffic back to your PC.

What it will block is a PC somewhere out there attempting to contact your PC without your PC having first attempted to contact it. If you’re a big P2P’er and act as an uploading node or use Skype to receive incoming calls, this could cause you problems, but otherwise, it shouldn’t be an issue.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile: