I miss Vettetech

Hi guys, got to admit Vette has character, which added spice to this forum whether he was correct or not, he spoke his word and that’s what the whole purpose of this forum is about after all, he’ll be back I’m sure after his stint in the police academy, we wish him well, success and a career in the field he has chosen as well as an anticipated return amongst us all… :-TU
Cheers Vette :■■■■
Xman (:KWL)

I am equally sure that Vette misses those who miss him, wo the misser missing the missers. :smiley: I tried to put that as Vette-like as I could. :stuck_out_tongue:

Vette was a ■■■■ and I’m glad he’s gone. >:(

We’re all better off without…without…without his irresistible charm, his unparalleled technical acumen, his “in your face” interface, his super-computer that never, ever malfunctioned, his endless typo’s and misspellings… (:LOV)

He was like a big brother to me… :cry:

I’m sure he’ll make a terrible, terrible policeman…go get’em Vette!!! (:CLP)

I just thought of something. When Vette makes it to police office status, we should have a a graphic in our sigs with a policeman in some ridiculus outfit and the words, “I was arrested by Vette”. :smiley:

Well hey, It could be worse. Ganda could be a cop.

As for Vette… He’ll be back :slight_smile:

:P0l
https://forums.comodo.com/general_discussion_off_topic_anything_and_everything/the_best_of_vettetech_a_compilation_of_retorts_that_made_my_day-t21194.225.html

Awwww thanks guys. Miss all you to but there are no spots at the academy till Feb 09 so I have to wait. Still woking for GM in the mean time. I am also using NIS 2009 had have been since I left. Its an awesome suite and with Threatfire along side it keeps me well protetced. Honest I had enough of pop ups with Comodo and that install mode thing. NIS 2009 just sits there and never bothers me. i have tested it against tons of tojans,leak tests,keyloggers and code injections. It passes them all. I looked in the forums. Gezz doesn’t any help around here anymore. LOL. I even know you lost 3 to NIS 2009 also. I guess I need to log in more often and straightened you guys out. Take care.

Chet 

PS to Comofo

I hate you 2

:■■■■

Norton? NORTON?!?!?
Okay, talk to me Vetty; who got to you? Are you able to talk about it?

Anywhooo, on the serious tip - you should come around and shake things up a bit (although I’m rarely here either [stupid job] so it wouldn’t really be much fun for ya :P)…I’d do it myself, but I’m a blithering dummy…and my advice is often wrong.

Norton? I’ve had bad experience with it…

And Threatfire too. It slowed down my computer sooooooo much. Do you know how long it took to quarantine a small little test virus/malware/whatever-you-want-to-call-it? 30 Minutes!!!. (At least for me.)

You need to get with the times jeremy and read the reviews. Hell you didn’t even know what SAS was and thought it was a rougue program. Norton was always slow and thats why people hated it. Symantec listened to people and redid everything from the ground up. NIS 2009 is the lightest security suite out there. Just read the reviews over at PCMAG and About. Threatfire is even lighter. It only uses 6,000K with both its processes. My pc never ran faster with any other security set up like it does with NIS 2009. Hell even 3 is using it and loves it.

I guess I have read some reviews about how it is faster now. I just don’t feel like going back to it (and Comodo spoiled me with it’s free products, so I usually only free things).

[at] vette,

Norton??!!??

I love it when you talk dirty. :wink:

Yes Norton Panic. NIS 2009 is the best security suite on the market today and for $70 with 3 licensee its a great deal. Just read the reviews. Better yet try it for free.

I’m running it on a trial system and have had it up for about 2 months now. It is a very nice suite and they have certainly progressed since the daiper filling substance that was the previous versions of NIS.

Ewen :slight_smile:

But nothing. I simply installed it to have a bo-peep. I have to admit I’m pleasantly surprised. Quick, light and reasonably accurate.

My confidence and trust still lie with Comodo, primarily because of the big picture - the trusted internet. I have a firm belief in the work Melih has undertaken and have great confidence in the team Comodo have assembled.

It’s taken NIS X amount of time to get to where it is now. Comodo are, IMHO, still ahead by a comfortable margin with the promise of further advances and integration and co-operation with future modules.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Well, norton always gives me that ‘safe feeling’ and it’s just that what I’m quite scared about. I still remember the times that my computer got infected with those malware in my earlier times…
Now I’m testing this tool again and I’m really happy they did something about the recources and really like the pulse updates. I’ll keep it for some time on my laptop (thx to the trial fooler).

Xan

!ot! !ot! !ot! !ot! !ot! !ot!
^^ i finnaly got a chance to use this smiley ^^
you guys are soooooo off topic. we’re discussing vette the supercop, not NIS 2009 :slight_smile:

I’m quite sure that Vettetech doesn’t care that we’re testing NIS and he would like to help us with some more information ?

Anyway back on topic now : Hey there Vett (:WAV), I hope everything is fine there

Xan

Agree.

Comodo are still new (in my eyes). Comodo aren’t a company who started in 1995, This Forum only started in 2006.

It’s only the beginning for Comodo, in a few years to come… I believe Melih will create something the world has never seen before, for free. !ot!

Josh

I just want to say something seriously (for once):

I miss Vettetech

Of the 20 or so various forums that I post in from time to time (some way more than others) nowhere, I repeat, nowhere am I more admonished or censored than I am here…and I genuinely make an effort to pull my punches, watch my language, mind my P’s & Q’s, and just plain be a good boy.

I miss Vettetech

Never thought I’d see it here.

I post in all types of religious and political debate/discussion where I say things (usually sardonically) that might likely get me sued in some places…or worse in others.

But I’m almost never censored.

I miss Vettetech

I can’t help but believe that (some of) the mods here practice selective judgment when it comes to exercising their “authori-tie” when I notice that some threads meander freely from topic to topic while others are strictly supervised, almost as if the moderator is just waiting for someone to slip up or deviate from the topic so that they might flex their muscle.

Apparently “Off Topic: Anything and Everything” really means “Some Topics: We’ll Decide as We Go Just Exactly What We Mean by That”

I miss Vettetech

I never use profanity or offensive language of any kind. I do not call names or insult unless I consider someone close enough to a friend to tease them a bit (and I attempt to make it very obvious that it’s all play). Yet I’ve had entire posts removed or censored for the most innocuous statements.

I miss Vettetech

When I was a kid I had a friend for a minute who was a pretty cool guy, fun to hang with etc. But his mom was really strict, and had 0% tolerance for any kind of horseplay or shenanigans. If we were playing around having any kind of fun she’d yell at us, one time I said “darn” and she sent me home - it was an uncomfortable environment where you could never relax and just enjoy yourself.

Finally I had to quit hanging out with him 'cause his mom was pure anti-fun.
(I found out later that she died from face cancer…you guys don’t want face cancer do you?)

I miss Vettetech

Seriously, this place is reminding me of that dude’s mom.