I had bad problems with Comodo

So I use Firewall 5.10.228257.2253, and used Avast anti virus.
So my Avast expired so I decided to try Comodo anti virus.
So I installed it from the installer from the website, and it didn’t install and broke the firewall.
So I had to uninstall it all manually with registry cleaners and such, it was stuck in half installed state, lost all firewall rules and stuff.
So then I downloaded Comodo Internet security with the firewall and anti virus in one, but I could not figure out how to use the firewall, there was no where to add rules and such, the customization that is in the firewall in 5.10.228257.2253 I could not find.
The layout of the CIS is not good and couldn’t use it so removed it.
Now I have the firewall with AVG free, why can we not run just the normal layout firewall, and the CAV? Side by side? Why does it break the firewall?

Trying to take the installer from the internet and install it over a pre-existing configuration can cause issues. You can actually add the antivirus from add/remove programs.

At this point I think there may be a problem with your installation. To solve this please reinstall CIS by following the advice I give on this page. Then, after it’s installed, for advice on what to change in the configuration, and how to change it, please see my article here.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.