I had an Error message doing the quick scan in Comodo antivirus cloud free

HI I have a question about the latest version of Comodo antivirus antivirus cloud free on my desktop computer Windows 10 64 bit operating system windows 10 version: 1607.

I was wondering if I could ask a question about Comodo antivirus cloud free. The other night when I we nt to do a quick scan and comodo antivirus would get to 31% percent in the quick scan and then it would only get this far each time and then I would get an error message saying that the cloud server is disconnected. But the cloud server is reconnecting. The cloud server did not reconnected at all Even when I did a repair on Comodo antivirus cloud free and I restarted my computer and I did try to do a quick scan once again but I still I got the same error message and the quick scan only got to 31% percent and then the quick scan would not proceed any further at all. I was wondering is their a solution or a fix for this issue to be corrected at all.

Thanks everyone for your advice and help.

Hi funny38,
The current cloud server issue is known.

Kind regards.

HI I just wanted to ask a question were you able to debug and fix the Comodo cloud anti virus service in the latest version of Comodo cloud antivirus free. Thanks.

Hi funny38,
Keep an eye on the topic in the link below for a reply from Staff.
Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.6.400657.347 is Released!!!

Kind regards.