I created waves again....

Hey all, I once again tested Webroot Secure Anywhere and again it failed ot protect. Well I guess some people take it way to personally and resort to spamming my video site and talk ■■■■ about me.

some excerpts from another forum…

I never know how to feel about these kinds of tests, because they in no way represent the actions of an average user.
He puts down the product before even testing. Listen to what he said in the video "Annoying" , "I forgot to", "I don't know where". He never let WSAC complete a scan after a find. Maybe if he had patience and did a few reviews for practice so he knows how the product works before doing it on YouTube may help the results. I have lost my faith in YouTube reviews a long time ago.
I don't know how this counts for a review when this fool had no idea how to use the product at all.A legit bad review i have no problem with,but take a look at this guys history.He can count on less than one hand the amount or products he is actually familiar with versus the sheer quantity of products reviewed.What a ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ .Oh,and btw,in spite of his explanation,his Windows is cracked.Try paying for your progs like the most of the rest of us you POS.
This review is flawed in so many ways I'm not even going to try responding as it isn't necessary. In the future, if people want to review the product, please try learning how the product works.

I’ve closed this thread as-per policy:

If anyone has questions, please contact me by PM and I’ll be glad to answer them.

You guys can see the review here and let me know how flawed it really is. Seeing as these people don’t have the guts to talk directly to me about it.

I thoroughly enjoyed the review.
That other ‘forum’ just happens to be their support forum as well.
So it does not surprise me the thread has been closed.
Webroot always seem to have an excuse for their poor product.

Anyway many thanks again for taking the time to test this POC ;D

This review is flawed in so many ways I'm not even going to try responding as it isn't necessary. In the future, if people want to review the product, [u][b]please try learning how the product works.[/b][/u]
Does this guy really know it's target audience? Does he really think the ~joe 'tries to learn' how a security product works :o ???

People ‘trust’ the ‘buy me I’ll protect you 100%’ bs and how many % ditches the product that comes pre-loaded on their systems…
People don’t want to learn a security product, they expect it to do it’s job when needed, and for the rest is should be quite and not bother them.

the sad part is that comment was made by an employee of theirs. You are right, this is why I don’t really bother to dig deep into the programs. I test just like average joe, install it and forget it. All I do is do what it wants if it asks me to. I don’t ever change settings on anything unless I specifically say that I did.

In the review that you have the only thing it seemed to do well at all was block websites, and even then it gave a popup asking what to do. If they did not have that protection as default I feel that it would have let 80% of them through.

Great Review of a ■■■■■■ product.
I might even add that review to my site ;D

since people are saying you didnt test webroot correctly, did they say the correct procedures for testing it?

PS: good to see CCE cleaning well.

nope and that’s the funny thing. When you have nothing good to say all you can say is that the test is flawed. It’s the usual when a product does bad. They think just because I interrupted the stupid automatic scan after detection of every malware that is what caused the infection. I beg to differ, the two infections of rogues were not even detected at all, so no scan was initiated. Secondly I did manuals scans of the system so that should have detected them but it did not. What they are missing is signatures, they have such low detection that this will happen again and again unless you get some good signature, buy them or develop them it does not matter but those need to be improved.

all the webroot fan boys are just mad their security doesnt protect them. webroot really needs to step up and fix the problems in secureanywhere.

Some ideas, just note that i’m just trying to help and not flame or something.

1. when reviewing, dont go 3 minutes looking on how to run CCE. You can, but cut it out of the movie before uploading, it makes you look unprofessional
  2. use a brand new installation of Windows instead of an already expired version.
  3. dont disable the security, seriously, it would be the same as disabling Defense+ on CIS for testing the AV.

1: if I cut some things out people will say I cheated and did things behind there back.
2: I usually do, it just happened to expire before this test but I did not want to take the time to replace it.
3; I disabled after it scanned and could not find anything because it was blocking CCE and also i disable it while unpacking the malware to speed up the unpacking. And to get a right click scan after unpacking.

and next time, when you come on here lets keep it professional… X…

1: if I cut some things out people will say I cheated and did things behind there back.
you do also stop the recording while scanning etc. + it's a review, if people don't trust the opinion of the reviewer, well, then why are they looking ? All i'm saying is, cut the unnecessary parts out.
2) I usually do, it just happened to expire before this test but I did not want to take the time to replace it.
Then just extend the trial time, this is the code 'slmgr -rearm' if i'm correct.
3; I disabled after it scanned and could not find anything because it was blocking CCE and also i disable it while unpacking the malware to speed up the unpacking. And to get a right click scan after unpacking.
I was referring to the unpacking, as you just said there was no need to disable it. It only feeds the flame.
Well I guess some people take it way to personally and resort to spamming my video site and talk ■■■■ about me.
as said, those were just a few ideas.

thanks for the kiss, here you have one back x