I can niether update virus database nor run a scan : " update failed..."

Hi,
When I tried to run scan CIS says " update failed.Antivirus is not initialized."

and when I tried to update virus database it says the same warning again.

my CIS is up -to -date. 5.10.228257.2253

can somebody help me ?
thanks

Did you tried to use Comodo diagnostics? Do you have any other security software installed?

hi yes I used Comodo diagnostic… it found nothing wrong.AND I had installed Microsoft Security Essentials.MSE works well. Mostly I turn it off.

Thanks

Is this happening straight after you installed CIS? Or did it work before?

If you had other security programs installed in the past please run clean up tools for them just to be sure they are fully removed. You can find a list of clean up tools here: ESET Knowledgebase .

We need to know this. Try to re-install Comodo anyway :slight_smile:

Microsoft Security Essentials and CIS used to work together…I dont think the problem is MSE…I have uninstalled CIS…but I wasnt able to reinstall it…it says " the device is not ready"

For problems with Windows installer you can use Windows Installer Clean Up utility. This tool cleans up all Windows installer related traces from your computer. It will allow you to run an (un)installer where it was getting blocked because it couldn’t find a needed file or says the products is already installed.

This tool does not uninstall a program.

Does this tool help to be able to install CIS again?

I have uninstalled Microsoft SE and tried to install CIS or CAV again but I couldnt…it says error 21 the dive is not ready. I dont know wht is the problem on my pc… later i heard Comodo Essentials and decide to install it to make sure whether there is a virus on pc or not…I was able to install it and it found two malwares which are already found by CIS before…

so comodo essential ONLY can be used for scan intentionally whole pc ?
I have installed another AV btw …

and I am not sure if I understood how to use Windows Installer Clean Up…most of the programs I installed on my pc are on its list …but for example I couldnt find any Comodo program on the list…

You use Windows Installer Clean Up utility when an installation made with the Windows/MSI installer went astray. The tool removes all traces related to that installation process. When you start the installer again it won’t “see” the old installation and should start successfully.

I am not sure what programs of Comodo are currently using the MSI installer.