hunt for the elusive safelist :D

so, I know the local safelist has been made hidden for some odd reason. for all we know maybe its no longer even a file but secret registry setting or something

have any users bin able to find it by any chance?

I believe this local whitelist is hidden by default for security reasons.

However, you can find out whether an application is whitelisted or not either by checking it through the program or on this page.

Thanks.

yeah thats what makes it suspicious

even unknown apps (like one I use to sync with atom clock called neutron.exe) are in the safelist so that safelist is huge & prolly hogs down lots of memory

but its the other ones Im wary about, the megacorporation files like those from Microsoft

so until I find the safelist I can’t use “safe mode” cause all M$ files are on it

Programs using a lot of memory is not a sedurity concern.

but its the other ones Im wary about, the megacorporation files like those from Microsoft

so until I find the safelist I can’t use “safe mode” cause all M$ files are on it

Be careful for what you wish here. :wink: Stopping the use of trusted vendor Microsoft will make using your computer very hard and may backfire severely. It’s not something I have tried and nor something I would suggest to do.

but theres only few MS files that need internet access. like IExplorer (which I dont use) and update (XP aint supported no more, so I dont need updates)
oh yeah I let things like ping.exe have net access of cos. but that’s it

once Comodo said that Explorer.exe asked for internet access, now THATs definitely suspicious (explorer aint meant to access web) so I blocked it from net permanently, no probs so far

so until someone can find the safelist, we aint got much choice but to use paranoid mode :confused: