Humax Recorder not accessible

Just tried to access my Humax recorder. I don’t do it very often, so hadn’t realised that it just times out.
It was working prior to updating Comodo to 12.0.0.6810. Could there be something wrong in Network Zones? - I’ve tried a couple of things but still no luck. TBH, I don’t actually understand Network Zones!

Could you post a screenshot of your Global Rules and network zones? I assume you have the firewall set up that your local network is a trusted network. Is that a correct assumption?

I don’t know if the local network is trusted and couldn’t find out where that is. There are only three items on the router: PC, recorder, TV - all via cable; wireless isn’t on.

You probably need to make the local network trusted to communicate with the Humax.

Add the following rule in Global Rules and make sure it is above the block rule:
Action: Allow
Protocol: IP
Direction: In or Out
Description: Local Network

Source Address: Network Zone → Public #1
Destination Address: Network Zone → Public #1
IP details: Any

Thanks, I’ll try that. There was no problem until the latest update - as I say, I don’t use the PC-to-HDR very often but had done so a couple of days before the update.

Did you install v12 on top of v11? In that case the installer will most likely have saved the old configuration. You may find the old configuration in Configurations and you will need to activate it.

Yes, 12 installed over 11.
Just imported the Config. from before the update and still can’t access the PVR.

Problem is that there are some things, such as hiding any new, junk, channels that are added to the EPG, can be done only from the PC.
I’d also like to change the region; that dumps the schedule but I can do a back-up first and reload it.

It didn’t work because your computer was not assigned an actual private IP address and instead was using Automatic Private IP Addressing which happens when your computer fails to get assigned an IP address from DHCP. Then when DHCP started to work again, the computer was in public zone which doesn’t automatically allow incoming connections within the same network.

Thank you for this - I admit that I don’t understand it!
How do I correct it, please?

First of you need to edit the Home#1 rule. The IP should be changed to 192.168.1.100/255.255.255.0.

Can you then show your Global Rules and Network Zone like you did in the above? Then we go from there.

Sorry for the delay been busy and had some trouble with an update (Security KB more fool me!).

Thank you. Can you specify the two rules in Global Rules named Local Network? I would like to see the rules specified in the format used in my second post.

Local Network (1)
Source Address:
Allow
IP
In or Out
Local Network
Any address

Destination Address:
Same for first 4 settings
‘Exclude’ not ticked
Network Zone
Public #1

IP Details:
Same for first 4 settings
Any

Local Network (2)
Source Address:
Allow
IP
In or Out
Local Network
‘Exclude’ not ticked
Network Zone
Public #1 (Note: these are the same as Destination Address for Local Network (1)).

Destination Address:
Allow
IP
In or Out
Local Network
Any address (Note: these are the same as Source Address for Local Network (1)).

IP Details:
Same as for Local Network(1).

I would make the source address public#1 and remove one of the two rules as they are duplicates.

OK, done that, still can’t see it.

Is there a way of removing the networks so that it’s picked up as a new network?

Thanks.

I need some more information. How do you access the Humx? With a dedicated tool or using the browser or using Windows Explorer? Is there a way you can see what IP address the Humax is using?

Yep, remove the network zones and any global rules associated with those network zones, then open the manage networks task and click on trust network button, then OK out the window.