HP Printer

Hi I’m stuck!!
Installing HP B210 printer. Printer software asks for the ip adress of the printer, once input it says it doesnt recognise it. Guess this is one for HP. However, I have found that the printer will not print anything unless I turn off the firewall. As a novice please be gentle with me. Thanks to anyone that may be able to help. Oh dont have any problems printing from an Ipad.

Hey and warm welcome to comodo forums!

Have you pressed allow?

In case that doesn’t solve the problem then it would be wise to add it in Application Rules and this is how you do it: CIS —> Firewall —> Network Security Policy —> Application Rules Add —> Select —> Browse… Here you have to search for the exe file.

Enjoy your stay here at comodo forums!

Regards,
Valentin N

You need to make your local network a trusted zone.

First look up your IP address and subnet mask. In Windows go to Start → Run → cmd → enter → ipconfig → enter → now lookup your IP address and subnet mask.

Second create a zone in My Network Zones (Firewall → Network Security policy). Choose Add → A New Network Zone → fill in a name like My local network → Apply. Now select My Local Network Zone → Add → A new address → choose An IP Address Mask → fill in your local IP something like 192.168.1.x usually and your subnet mask; usually 255.255.255.0 → Apply. Now check and see the new network defined. Exit using Apply.

Now we are going to use the Stealth Ports Wizard to make your local network a trusted network:
Choose “Define a new trusted network and stealth my ports to EVERYONE else” → Next → choose “I would like to trust an existing My Network Zone” → choose your local network zone from the drop down box at the bottom → Finish.

Now check your Global Rules and see your network added.