HP Printer (PSC 1210)

Hi,

I have an HP PSC1210 printer attached to my PC via USB.
The printer was working fine last week, but since installing Comodo Firewall I cannot print.
What hapens is that I get a “System Error” message each time I try to print. WHen I click OK the printer carridge moves like it has just completed a print job, but no paper/print is output.

The printer shows as being online in the Windows System Tray.
I have uninstalled and re-installed the latest HP drivers three times.
I have shut down Comodo, but still no luck.

What I will try tonight is…

1. Does the printer work if I connect it to my laptop? (verify that printer is ok)
  2. Uninstall Comodo and see if I can print.

I suspect that the problem is related to me installing Comodo. I really want to continue using Comodo as it is by far the best firewall I have used, but obviously it is not feasible if it prevents printing.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems or even managed to solve them?

Many Thanks
Gary

Hi Gary, welcome to the forums.

I’m not aware of any specific problems between CFP & HP printers. I have an old HP Deskjet 350 that I used to use with a laptop, but now is connected to a desktop & that works fine. However, in saying that… I’ve just noticed another new topic posted after yours, that seems to be problems with CFP & an HP Printer as well.

The System Error is worrying… can you dive into your Windows Event Logs & post the wording of the error… assuming it was logged, of course.

Also, check CFPs Log (Activity tab). CFP rarely blocks something without logging it. CFPs Log can be Exported to an HTML file (right-click on the Log). If you open the HTML file with your default browser, you should be able to use a simple click-drag-select & Copy ‘n’ Paste to post Log entries here if you need help with them.

I too have the PSC1210, and am having the same problem. No error logs, but the problem persists. It acts as if its going to print, then throws up a print error. By the way, OS is XP Home