HP Photosmart B210A cannot connect to printer

I have this printer installed on my netbook running Windows XP Home SP3 but cannot print if Comodo firewall is enabled. I have added HPNetworkCommunicator.exe to my network security policy and allowed it any port within the subnet.

–damole

Can you show a screenshot of the Firewall logs (View Firewall Events)? This may help to see the information that we may be missing.

I cleared the logs, then tried to print again, same error message from the HP software but there are no new firewall or defense+ events.

Hello Damole;

Are you trying to print local? or printing from another computer? and is this printer connected via USB or Ethernet or Wireless?

The printer is a wireless model. I have already successfully managed to print from my desktop running XP home SP3 via wireless but using Windows firewall. When I try to print via wireless using my netbook but Comodo firewall I receive the error message. As soon as I disable the firewall I am able to print.

I have the same printer and the same issue. As long as the firewall is running, two-way communication with the printer cannot be established.

Can you show a screenshot of the Firewall logs (View Firewall Events)? This may help to see the information that we may be missing.

Hopefully this will help:

https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis/unable-to-find-network-printer-comodo-firewall-officejet-pro-8500a-solved-t68670.0.html

In a nutshell;

1. OpenCIS
  2. Click the FIREWALL button in the top of the GUI
  3. Click FIREWALL BAHAVIOUR SETTING
  4. Click the ADVANCED tab
  5. Ensure “Block fragemented IP datagrams” option is NOT selected
  6. Click OK

Your system should now be able to discover the LAN printer.

This modification is also required to allow CIS protected system to discover NAS (Network Attached Storage) and certain other network components.

Ewen :slight_smile: