HP 3050 wireless issue

Hi all,

For some reason, I can’t seem to be able to connect wirelessly to my new HP 3050 printer/scanner, and was wondering if anyone might be able to help. ???

I have installed the printer’s software CD, but I cannot scan or print at all. Weirdly, my iPod’s HP app seems to be able to connect with the printer just fine, and I can also send a test print via my computer’s web browser after typing in the printer’s IP.

I’m running XP with Comodo Firewall and a Netgear router. I’ve tried exiting Comodo to see if that might help in establishing a connection, but as yet, this hasn’t resolved the issue. The HP software seems convinced that Comodo is the cause, but I’ve no idea if this is the case, or how I can fix it if it is.

I also tried adding exceptions for the various HP .exe files in the HP Bin folder, but still no joy…

Any/all help GREATLY appreciated! :slight_smile:

hey and warm welcome to Comodo forums pen2paper :)!

Your printer is a network printer and you need therefore to add a new network

You need to do two things. First you need to define your local network and then make it trusted using the Stealth Ports Wizard.

You need to make your local network a trusted zone.

First look up your IP address and subnet mask. In Windows go to Start → Run → cmd → enter → ipconfig → enter → now lookup your IP address and subnet mask.

Second create a zone in My Network Zones (Firewall → Network Security policy). Choose Add → A New Network Zone → fill in a name like My local network → Apply.

Now select My Local Network Zone → Add → A new address → choose An IP Address Mask → fill in your local IP something like 192.168.1.x usually and your subnet mask; usually 255.255.255.0 → Apply. Now check and see the new network defined. Exit using Apply.

Now we are going to use the Stealth Ports Wizard to make your local network a trusted network:
Choose “Define a new trusted network and stealth my ports to EVERYONE else” → Next → choose “I would like to trust an existing My Network Zone” → choose your local network zone from the drop down box at the bottom → Finish.

Now check your Global Rules and see your network added.

Enjoy your stay at Comodo forums!

Regards,
Valentin N

Hi and thanks for the welcome!

I’ve followed your instructions, but unfortunately, I still don’t seem to have any kind of direct communication with the printer.

Is the printer exe file added in application rules?

I believe so. There’s a list of exe files I found for that model printer and I have added them all.

Make sure that you don’t have windows firewall on (5.3 is disabling Windows firewall but I don’t know what version you have)

Regards,
Valentin N

I have exactly the same problem. Been through all the steps above but it still doesn’t work :frowning:
I can temporarily disable the firewall and it prints fine so I know this is the problem.

Try this and report back if it works please.

Disable the “Block Fragmented IP datagrams” in Firewall → Firewall Behavior Settings → Advanced

See my post here

https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis/unable-to-find-network-printer-comodo-firewall-officejet-pro-8500a-solved-t68670.0.html

I had the same problem and the fragment IP address solution works like a charm.Thank you very mcuh.