How will you celebrate the new CIS?

Well COMODO Internet Security the NEW beta, with better AV, seems to be scheduled for 9 JANUARY. :stuck_out_tongue:
How will you celebrate this new, hopefully awesome product?

I don’t know what to do right now, Iam so excited.
When it comes I will invite my girlfriend to watch the sexy software in action, (hehe)…
Also I will buy candy, and something to drink.
Thats pretty much it, will you do something special when this awesome program comes? :slight_smile:

Well for me it will be double celebration !

January 8 will mark my 1 year here at COMODO forums ! 8) (thanks to the mods for not banning me earlier ;D)
And on January 9 we will (hopefully) get our hands on the sexy new CIS beta ;D

When I joined the forums, CAVS 3 was announced and after a year we have a fully fledged COMODO Antivirus with heuristics :stuck_out_tongue:

Gotta luv it :smiley:

And of course we will :■■■■

(B) (R) (V)

I have a pretty good feeling I’ll be celebrating it with an uninstall. I assume I will, based on what happened to me today (https://forums.comodo.com/defense_help/why_did_it_happen-t32254.0.html;msg234607#msg234607) and the thread wasn’t started by me, so I’m not the only one having the same issue, with the latest release, which is way too ■■■■ buggy.

Not even a staff member, which I know, they do come in here, was interested in such thread, at least to try to help. Great support indeed. Maybe that’s what people get from using free stuff. Not all free stuff is bad, nor all the support is bad, but some are bad.

I honestly don’t get it. CIS (current version) has a lot bugs and they’re already integrating more code into, before optimizing the existing one?

A developer, first needs to make the application (whatever it is) stable, then, if wishes add more components, then go ahead. Not this way. Bad move.

I also don’t get, as stated in my post relating my problem, why Comodo is trying to be the best in all software fields, when it is known it will be known failure. Why? No one is, nor will ever be the best in all fields. Immutable law of nature. One just needs to accept it.

And developing such tools, Comodo is wasting programmers, who could be working together with the CIS team, to make it a better product. The more people looking into the same code, the more flaws will be found and fixed. :slight_smile:

I hope Comodo takes a step back and “wastes” all the efforts on making of Comodo Firewall Pro, the firewall it used to be, because at the moment, it sucks big time. It is with sadness that I say it, as I’m a user since the first 3.0 version. CFP went down the drain. Unfortunately.

Comodo’s firewall is better today than it has ever been, and they will not stop improving it.
Go with only the firewall if you don’t feel comfortable with the other products of the comodo suite.
They has been focusing on a major re-lunch and I bet that after this the focus will be on bugs. Thats why you run a beta, to fix bugs.

You can argue all you want but Comodo firewall is still topnotch, D+ is one of the best HIPS, The Buffer Overflow protection is also (top?) I have yet to find a software that honestly can say it does better in this field and the layerd security approach will probably make comodo users even safer. And the new AV will have improved detections, COMODO BOclean is also a very respected software. I think its hard to judge this peace of software untill we get a chance to try it out! And comodo has a history of not failing.
We will see, maby I agree with you after this release, if it gets resource intensive and buggy.

[at] maduser,

Not even a staff member, which I know, they do come in here, was interested in such thread, at least to try to help. Great support indeed.

If you can PM me the ticket number from the official Support Centre relating to this issue, I will chase it up with them.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Back to topic… :slight_smile:

HOW WILL EVERYONE CELEBRATE? (:TNG)

Why spamming the forums with “YEAH!!!”'s, of course! 88)

Rethinks that Maybe not. (:SHY)

I will celebrate it with possibly renting the local pub and do a kareoke session with the guys at our Comodo NJ office :slight_smile: (and of course few little beers here and there…)

Melih

I will celebrate it by going back to school. :frowning:

I’ll do, what i did when CFP 3 Came out…
Which is; Jump and jump and jump and scream and say yay then PM Melih a “Congrats” Message, and probably get some sam adams… then just download it and test it :slight_smile:

Jacob,

I think we have to create a ritual as to what to do with every new version installation!

This is NOT just another security product…

We need a ritual!!!

Ideas?

Melih

hmmm…

What do you have in mind?..

Nothing comes in mind to me until i hear few ideas

Jacob,

I’m blank atm…

Cheers,
Josh

dunnoo…

like… download the application…
let it sit there for 7min and 34 sec…
get a nice cool ■■■■ (or your choice of drink)
click install…
put eye of the tiger song on…
when installation finishes…admire for 30 seconds…
then play with it…

All this while a video camera is recording it… then upload your video to youtube for us all to see…

:slight_smile:

Melih

Melih. :slight_smile:

That will be boring lol Kidding… Sounds like a plan, hahahahahahaha… :slight_smile:

EYE OF THE TIGER…
Risin’ up, back on the street
Did my time, took my chances
Went the distance, now I’m back on my feet
Just a man and his will to survive

So many times, it happens too fast
You change your passion for glory
Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

Chorus:
It’s the eye of the tiger, it’s the cream of the fight
Risin’ up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
And he’s watchin’ us all in the eye of the tiger

Face to face, out in the heat
Hangin’ tough, stayin’ hungry
They stack the odds 'til we take to the street
For we kill with the skill to survive

chorus

Risin’ up, straight to the top
Have the guts, got the glory
Went the distance, now I’m not gonna stop
Just a man and his will to survive

chorus

The eye of the tiger (repeats out)…

Great song !

Cheers,
Josh

lol, screen video right?
I’m down for this :slight_smile:

and maybe have Comodo’s wallpaper…
Something like this http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n222/Comodo_1/earth_comodo_v1.gif

:slight_smile:

Jacob,

and have

or even actual video of the whole thing … not just screen video… :slight_smile:

Melih

I am hoping to think of this:

For a ritual, how about people continually refresh the forums until it is released and then all download it it in a mass frenzy. :smiley:

But, to be honest, I am more excited about the “Time Machine” technology than the new release of CIS. 8) Any word on when that is coming out? :smiley: Then we can do the ritual for that as well!!! I think CIS is working great right now so a new beta is not as exciting as a completely new feature like the TM technology, Heuristics are nice, but are small in comparison, IMHO.

Yeah, I can’t wait for the Time Machine thing…I’m starting to get tired of doing all these disk clones/backups… 88)

What I’ve always done when a new major version comes out: faint. :smiley: